Sunday 20 January 2013

Tag: How much is your face worth UPDATED!

In last week’s #SpendingBan chat, Gaelle (Lipstick Ergo Sum), Hannah (Midnight Violets) and me decided that we would all do a shared ‘how much is your face worth tag’. I did one of these in my early blogging days and decided that it would be interesting to only compare totals after writing this post.

I generally mix my makeup up on a day-to-day basis but for the purpose of this post, I picked out my current most reached for products.

So here we go….
Benefit Porefessional £23.50 (review)
Bella Pierre foundation £34.99 (review)
Bella Pierre makeup base £12.99
Beautiful brows kit £30 (review)
Garnier caffeine anti dark circles eye roll on £10.49
ELF concealer and brush £3.75
Bourgeois bronzing powder £4.99 (review)
Bourgeois 3D effect lip colour £6.99
Rimmel exaggerate waterproof eyeliner £3.99 (review)
Rimmel  colour rush quad eyeshadow £6.63
Benefit They’re Real mascara £18.50 (review)

Total = £156.82

I had a jaw-dropping moment when I looked back at my previous post and realised that my previous total has increased by a huge £61.84! If I had substituted a few of the cheaper products for high-end brands then my total would be close to £200! 

Luckily I know that most of these products were purchased with an offer or as part of a set and I didn’t pay the full price but this post has made me glad to be on a spending ban because I really should be making the best use of what I already own rather than adding to the collection. 

Make sure you check out the posts from the other two ladies, I’m curious to see how my total compares! 

Share:

8 comments

  1. Great post hun! My taste for expensive foundation really pushes up my total! I didn't realise that Garnier roll on was so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post, I'd love to do this myself, however I switch up what I use on my face everyday - this is because I am trying to make sure I use all my collection and dont neglect items! I fear how much mine would come to!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah @ Midnight Violets20 January 2013 at 21:52

    Seeing that your amount is close to mine makes me feel a bit better! But I agree, still a scary amount!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these How-Much-Is-Your-Face-Worth posts. I'm always surprised at my totals when I know I paid nothing nearly close to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have felt worse if I had paid full price for everything, I’m glad there are no tags to total your whole makeup collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, I know I am so pleased mine wasn’t way out compared to you and Gaelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot too until I looked up the price, at the time I got it on a 2 for 1 offer though….not sure I would pay £10 again x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Enter my giveaway :) http://www.fashionxkryptonite.com/2013/03/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig