Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 beauty resolutions and challenge

I can’t believe a whole year has past since I set blog resolutions. So much has happened in the last year both to my blog and personally and I am really looking forward to 2013.

I had a few beauty resolutions last year and I failed miserably on most of them to be honest. I managed to have quite regular facials, but other than a cost issue, making the time for appointments was a problem especially when working full time and salons being fully booked in the evenings.

However, I was good at using up products before making repurchases and rotating my makeup. The Lori Greiner organiser I received for Christmas last year really helped with that by making everything more accessible and visible.

As for my No! No! use, body brushing and hair treatment, I just couldn't get into a routine with any of it. The annoying thing is I know that the No! No! works but laziness means I don't make sure I use it regularly.

As for this year I’ve mixed together some beauty and general life resolutions…..

Learn how to do my eyebrows
I've said it once and I will say it again, I hate eyebrow maintenance. I loved my Billion Dollar Brow treatment but at around £30 a session that isn't going to be affordable for me other than on special occasions, so I plan on watching lots of YouTube videos so that I can start dying and shaping my brows.

Care for my hair
This is essentially the same as last years resolution. I've noticed my curls aren't what they once were and that is probably partly due to the way I treat it. I've coloured it a few times and used heat more than ever. I want to colour it one last time to something close to my natural colour and then just treat it right so that it can be in the best condition possible. 

Be a better blogger
I want to get myself organised as a blogger and post regularly. I know that at some points in 2012 when I was having a rough time at home I didn’t post as frequently as I would have liked. I had lots of ideas but I never had/made the time to see them through and I want to put that right this year.

Take care of my health
2012 was quite stressful health wise, nothing too serious, but enough to be quite distracting and the reason that I wasn’t able to keep on top of blog posts. I don’t want to set specific goals like, going on a diet or a strict exercise regime, but I do want to experiment to find a routine that works for me. The aim is to feel better more than anything else.

Be in it to win it
In 2013 I plan on entering and applying for as many competitions and internships. I have always been a bit cautious and assumed that there is no way I am better than other entrants but I know I have nothing to lose from trying. As you may know I really want to write professionally and this year I plan on being as proactive as possible to make that happen. 

Blog Challenge!

Today will also be the start of my second blogging challenge, a 100-day no spend! I am a bit nervous that I will struggle but I know from Twitter that there are lots of other bloggers taking part and we will all be supporting one another. 

There are no official rules but I personally will refrain from buying any makeup and skin care. Obviously if I run out of something like shampoo or deodorant then I will be making a trip to the shops but I’m curious as to how long I can last before that happens!

I won’t be spending on any beauty treatments, but I do have a few vouchers to redeem so this won’t be too difficult. But to make it fair I won’t be spending the vouchers I have for Debenhams until after the ban. I am considering not activating the Jolie Box subscription I won at BBloggersXmas too, but I need to check that it doesn’t have an expiry date.

I’m also going to avoid any clothes, jewellery, bag and shoe shopping. The only exception to this is if I find a good pair of boots, which I have been on the hunt for since September!

I hope that you all have a happy, healthy and successful 2013. Thank you so much for your support so far, and I hope that you will continue to enjoy my blog throughout the year.

Any tips on avoiding temptation over the next 100 days would be much appreciated and I would love to know what changes you would like to make this year.

Share:

15 comments

  1. Thank you :) I also have a giveaway on my blog that could help with taking care of your health. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw…..hopefully I’ll have a good idea for a post now! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck hun, it's going to be tough, but we will be thankful at the end of it! I am always buying little bits in my lunch hour that I know I don't need, but they all add up. Just need some willpower now! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you too! I thought it would be more of a challenge to not get that beauty fix by spending my vouchers, plus you’re right it will give us the chance to really think about what we need x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck I am also trying to do the ban too http://www.yummymummyintraining.co.uk/2013/01/100-day-spending-ban.html Like you I will also be saving vouchers I got for Christmas that way I'm hoping to really think about I what I want so I dont just waste the voucher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a really good list of resolutions! I've never really made resolutions before but this year I'm setting a few goals which I really want to focus on to try to make 2013 the best possible. Good luck with your goals Aysh and wishing you lots of happiness and success for the new year!! Btw have you tried Olive oil on your hair? Its really good! Leaves your hair so silky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much. I’ve never tried using olive oil, something about using things from the kitchen just feels funny…..even though I then buy these natural/home made things! I should try it though x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll unofficially try the 100day no spend. I know I will probably break it, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Good luck to you! I hope you make it through! You have a lot of good beauty resolutions that I'm pretty sure we are all making to some extent if we advertise it or not, so good luck on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much and good luck with your no spend, you’re right it wouldn’t be worth beating yourself up about it but it is always good to find out how far you can push yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I am SO glad you are going to do it too! :-) Dont forget there will be a twitter chat on Thursdays at 8pm to exchange tips and keep each other going! We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes we can! I think the chats will help a lot, the first month will probably be the hardest and then it’ll be a breeze……I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be starting my no spending challenge this month too! I don't think I can manage a full 100 days, so I may limit it to one month and see how I go. Cheating, but better than nothing! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck, it’s not cheating at all! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your challenge! I'm going to attempt a month without spending first and carry on if I do well :) xx

    thewondersofwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! I actually think this month might be the most difficult because I usually love looking out for the end of sale bargains….but if I get through that I should be alright! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig