Sunday 22 February 2015

One-year spending ban?

At the beginning of January I floated the idea on Twitter of imposing a one-year spending ban on makeup. My favourite response was this one:

I went through (and still am going through) what I imagine every beauty enthusiast goes through at some stage, the thought that I might possibly have enough makeup.

Then it became a bit of a fascination, could my stash take me through a whole year without needing to buy anything? I seriously think it could. As it is I haven't actually purchased any makeup since October when I was back in London. Even that I haven't touched yet, although that is, in part, because I need to take blog pics first (I know #bloggerproblems). So that's three and a half months already.

I have just finished my favourite concealer (Nars creamy concealer), and my CC cream, which I use daily is on its last squirts, as is my Benefit Brow. For all I either have alternatives or back-ups already.

I know myself though and as soon as I make this a formal ban I will have nothing but the urge to buy something, anything, beauty related.

So for now I will just continue to see how long I can go without a purchase. How long do you think you could manage? Would your stash see you through a year?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig