Thursday 12 March 2015

Wedding day beauty: Eastern style

After a whole year of promising I am finally sharing some of my wedding day photos. I was very fortunate to have two wedding parties, satisfying the cultural habits of both mine and my husband's family.

The first party had a more Eastern feel, particularly the dress and so it was only appropriate to go for an Asian bridal inspired makeup look. For this night, I actually did the makeup myself, starting at about 2pm and really taking my time so it was just right! In the end I didn't enter the hall until after 8pm so it just shows how well it lasted.

I used my Naked palette and copied Frooti Beauty's Naked Arab look. I used Urban Decay's Greed eyeshadow base to get the gold started theme started and then followed her instructions.

My base was E1 Cosmetics foundation, a new discovery at the time, which I loved because it seemed to match my face and neck so well. I was using the lightest shade on the day, which is too light for me right now. It is a great foundation for anyone with a more neutral skin tone and when buffed in well it looks flawless.

I contoured and highlighted using my Sleek contour kit, and on the lips I used MACs Russian Red, which I have reviewed previously. I used a GOSH lipliner too. I used a L'Oreal gel eyeliner on the night, which I was very glad stayed put, I've since lost it though!

I did use lashes on the night, but I don't think I did a particularly good job with the application as in some photos you can see they are there!

Spot the beauty bloggers?
Come back tomorrow for my Western style makeup, and I will also be sharing my wedding advice later this week.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig