Friday 13 March 2015

Wedding day beauty: Western style

As I mentioned yesterday, I had two wedding parties in Eastern and Western styles. The second set of celebrations was the main event for me, the one I had been the most involved in making decisions for. Makeup wise I knew I wanted a heavily eye based look, with flawless looking skin. I also knew I wanted FrootiBeauty to do that for me having admired her style for so long.

We did a trial and I discussed the look I was going for, sharing with her a few pics I had found on Pinterest too.
bridal wedding makeup trial
The two eye looks we tried, I went for the one on the left. 
bridal wedding makeup trial kim k inspired
I have no idea how but in the flesh there was no harsh contour of the blush, only in the photos. On the day I decided that I wanted the blush not to look so stark in the photos. Very impressive effect though. 
bridal wedding makeup trial kim k inspired
I've shared pictures from the trial first, which show the makeup the best, and below are pictures of the day itself so you can see how everything worked together and how it looked in different lighting and at different points in the day.

There were a lot of wedding makeup inspired purchases before and after the day including:

MAC Modest Lipstick
Burberry Rosewood lipliner
Urban Decay 24/7 concealer (shade NSA)
Inglot Gel Eyeliner (Black)
MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralised Skinfinish

Apart from the above, I know she used a combination of brands on the day to create the most flawless base. I believe Urban Decay's Naked Palette featured as part of the eyes. She also supplied me with Ardell Lashes and did a much better job of the application than I did the previous night!
bridal wedding makeup in action
Wish my skin looked like this every day! 
bridal wedding makeup application
FrootiBeauty in action on the morning. 
bride eating cake lansdowne clubhappy bride hair makeup
bride arrival venue lansdowne club londonlondon bride
The makeup held up really well throughout the day. I believe we started at around 10am, finishing at about midday, and then the party went on until past 11pm. I did take powder and obviously my lipstick to top up, but I didn't use either, partly because I didn't need to and partly because I was having too much fun!

I hope the pictures were worth the wait. I want to thank FrootiBeauty again for doing such an amazing job of making me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day.

Come back on Sunday if you would like to read my wedding day tips and know a little more about the other things that made up the day.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig