Tuesday 27 September 2011

Quick review: Afterglow cosmetics

After my holiday I came back a shade too dark for my regular foundation and was reluctant to buy a foundation just for the short time I am tanned. I felt lucky when I came across an old foundation I had that just happens to be the perfect shade.


The foundation is by Afterglow cosmetics an American company I believe which has an online supplier in the UK. I received a starter/tester pack as a birthday present about 2 years ago. Unfortunately because you can only order online colour matching is difficult and they do not accept returns.

My tanned shade is caramel. It is a very fine powder and when buffed into the skin blend well and looks very natural. It gives a light to medium coverage but can be built up if needed. The kit came with a small kabuki brush which is the softest brush I own and such a pleasure to use.


As much as I like afterglow cosmetics I would not order them again in the UK since colour the problem of colour matching is such a problem and at £30 for the full foundation it is not something you can just afford the luxury of buying to test out. If you are in the US they are happy to take returns so worth looking into if you are after a mineral foundation.

Share:

5 comments

  1. Lovely review. Bad that the shade didn't work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you look into LilyLolo? You can purchase samples so a good way to see what colour suits you best
    http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/category/foundation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shang J.
    @sugarpuffish I have never heard of that brand before, I’ll check it out. Have you used them? Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of great things about this brand, and have wanted to try this brand out for a while now, but have been put off because it's difficult to know which shade to get. It's a shame they don't sell various samples to test out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. They offer a matching service over the phone but it doesn’t really work! There are other good mineral brands out there though

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig