Monday 12 September 2011

Eye brights collab with CurvesColourSparkle (picture heavy)

At the weekend I got the chance to do a collaboration with the beautiful Jennifer from the blog CurvesColourSparkle. She is a makeup artist whose forte in my opinion is bright colours and bold eye looks although she does do bridal makeup and high fashion make up too.

Any regular readers of my blog will know my default eye look is a brown/neutral eye so when I mentioned on twitter that I struggled with colour on my eyes Jennifer suggested that we collaborate and she could show me how to wear colour. I of course agreed!

On the day we organised to meet I happened to be invited to a wedding in the evening. So I took my dress and a selection of makeup along with no idea what I wanted to do! Based on the colours of my dress Jennifer suggested teal and purple so I agreed and let her do her thing.

I took along the Manly 120 eyeshadow palette, which actually belongs to my sister. Before I show you the eye look, I’ll just show you a teaser of the eyeshadow colours used.

Two aquamarine shades over the lid

 Two purple shades used in the crease

This was the finished look. I have to admit it felt very strange to see myself with such a bright colour and even though family agreed it’s not my usual look they really liked it.





You can read in more detail what was used on Jennifer’s blog as well as how it was applied. I had already applied my base of Garnier BB cream and a touch of mineral foundation to set. We used a mixture of the things I brought and Jennifer’s kit. It was really nice to try some new products (even if my shopping list has got longer)





My eyes were primed with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and NYX Jumbo Pencil in ‘Milk’ was applied as a base to bring out the brightness of the colours.

All the eyeshadows used bar one were from the manly palette. I finally got to see and try out some MAC makeup, one of which was the eyeshadow "Naked Lunch used as a highlighter.

My eyes were lined with ELF cream liner in black and we applied the dramatic ELF lashes and mascara. On the lower lash line a teal liner was used and black eyeliner in the lower waterline.

Under the eyes were concealed with MAC select coverup (NC35) which was also used to tidy up the shadow as well my eyebrows which were filled it using Rimmel brow pencil in hazel.

My face was contoured with the Sleek contour kit in light and MAC mineralised skin finish in soft and gentle was used to highlight underneath the eye and a little down the nose. The blush was the shade true rose by L’Oreal.



On the lips I got to try out the most amazing smelling lip primer, Lierac plumping lip cream, which leaves your lips really hydrated. My lips were lined with L’oreal infaillable liner in the shade always toasted and Sleek liquor true colour lipstick. This was layered using the nude shade of the Sue Moxley peach pink lip palette and finished off with a small bit of clear lip gloss.

Completed face and outfit


The beautiful Jennifer and I 

Some great makeup advice/tips from Jennifer:
  • Anyone can wear any colour, you just need to find the right shade for your skin tone
  • When applying eyeshadow pat it on rather than sweep it across the lid to get the intensity of colour. Also pat to blend colours into one another to blend.
  • When you are going for a new look or bold colours, always finish the look completely and see how it comes out before deciding you don’t like it. (I am completely guilty of doing this but it seems so obvious now!)
  • Apply contour with an eyeshadow brush in a small triangle below the cheek bone and blend out with a blush brush.

Check out CurvesColourSparkle not only can you see more photos and more detailed information about how to do the look but also Jennifers other beautiful looks.

Finally thank you Jennifer for such a great day and whenever the day comes and I get married I would love for you to do my makeup. Booking you in now!

Share:

8 comments

  1. I'm not usually one for extreme brights on the eye, but I have to say, this looks really good on you. Do you think you'd be able to recreate the look yourself? Did everyone love it at the wedding you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to recreate my own version, trying out a different colour combinations. Jennifer’s tips taught me a lot about how to apply eye makeup so I am hoping I will be able to recreate it.
    It’s certainly not a look I would go for often but it is nice to try out something different. Everyone at the wedding said it looked nice even though the colours were so shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look AMAZING Ayshe. Those colours really suit you!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you carry that off SO well. i could never wear such bold colours! this REALLY suits you! i love it. looking forward to reading more of your blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Zoe, that’s really nice of you to say! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. MercedesMakeupBlog24 January 2013 at 00:31

    OMG I LOVE your dress or tube top... can't tell which one it is! So pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Crap you look gorgeous - not that you don't normally but wowza!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig