Thursday 8 September 2011

Nails of the week - Silver shatter

I have been really lazy with my nails this week and haven’t removed the shellac polish yet. However, I quickly got bored of the colour and decided to refresh the look with shatter polish!


I used silver shatter by O.P.I. I love this polish, not only for the colour but because the consistency is the thinnest I have used of any shatter polish which makes it really easy to apply.

Interestingly when I applied this straight on-top of my nails the polished dried but didn’t shatter.


I then removed the shatter polish layer with acetone-free polish and applied a layer of top coat to my nails and reapplied the shatter on-top of this, which worked!


I am not completely sure how shatter polish works so if anyone does I would be really interested to know. I assume it is something in the polish it reacts/interacts with, which is not present in the shellac polish. Either way, I love how it can transform the look of any polish.

Share:

4 comments

  1. i cant believe ive still not tried out shellac nails..need to get on this asap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, they are really good when you don’t have time to do your nails often. But not so good if you like to change them all the time or are easily bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! New follower :)
    I love experimenting with nail polish, this looks amazing! is it a crack effect nail polish?

    azizwa-zeba.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mursal, thanks for the follow and welcome! yea it’s the silver crack effect from OPI probably my favourite of the ones I own x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig