Saturday 17 December 2011

Unique Christmas gifts: recycled jewellery

I really like to buy unique gifts for people I care about. So I was really pleased this year when I came across a stall in Embankment Christmas market this year, owned by a man, called Miko (I think?!), who makes amazing jewellery using old coins amongst other things.

He has some amazing designs, the detail is so intricate and he explained to me that every single coin is unique, since he can never repeat the same design exactly.

The coins varied in design and by date, and after he told me I could choose a coin and my own design I placed an order for a coin with my mother’s year of birth and a mother daughter symbol from a design I found online.

This is the link to the original design I sent Miko . . . and this was Miko’s interpretation. I know this could be a Christmas spoiler, but I know mum doesn’t read my blog so I should be safe!


Of course, I also decided to treat myself and chose the tree of life design on a coin with my birth year.


On the day I was picking up my orders I spotted a ring, which I instantly loved and scooped up. This isn’t actually made by Miko but a friend of his using silver and copper metals purchased in India. I love the design on the copper on top and the use of the blue stones.


As much as I am a fan of good, cheap jewellery it is always nice to own something that is a little unique and that is made of recycled materials.

If you are near London or planning a trip in the next week, I would definitely check out the Christmas market and Miko’s stall. He also has a website, which includes some of the designs he is capable of.

Let me know below what your favourite piece of jewellery is, and where is the most interesting place you found it.

Share:

13 comments

  1. Wow! Who'd have thought these are created from coins.Love your picks. Miko and his friend are incredibly talented and creative. All three are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea! It looks like a really personal keepsake gift to give someone. Think this would be lovely to give to my sister for her birthday. Thanks for the find! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea it is, the designer is great too. He was telling me that the blade he used to cut is the thickness of a strand of hair! He will take orders via his website if you did want to order something for your sister x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to give a valuable gift to your love one. He or she may be happy if it is a
    memorable one. A jewellery item may enhanced your feelings about her. So this is the
    best place for select a jewellery gift. log on to http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/jewellery_gift_set.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really a good information about Christmas gifts I am impressed with your collection and interest of choices on jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes your view and collections are really impressing. I liked your collections and knowledge about Christmas gifts. I will be visiting your blog to get some more knowledge about jewelries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes your view and collections are really impressing. I liked your collections and knowledge about Christmas gifts. I will be visiting your blog to get some more knowledge about jewelries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the idea of christmas gift is a good idea...though. the collection and views of the jewellery of yours are really good one...i am impressed...with your collections out there....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative idea. Beside this we can add more through the following link
    http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/jewellery.html.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want to need some more special you can
    http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/jewellery.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. here you can find more special item and design of precious metal .

    http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/jewellery.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. it looks like a really personnel gifts to give someone...you views are good.

    Send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have previously purchased the Jewellery Gifts from quantum-diamonds it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig