Saturday 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

Well 2011, I’m not going to pretend I am sad to see you go. The year started with so much promise but that being said, you weren’t as bad as 2010 and I am grateful for that.

At the start of the year I made four new years resolutions.

1. Get a job
2. Move out of home
3. Finally sort out my skin
4. Get 100 followers on my blog

I’m not happy to say that I haven’t done very well at achieving these. I and many others graduated in the middle of this recession, meaning there are hardly any jobs and those that are available need people or are given to people who already know what they are doing. If only someone gave me money for every time I was told…. ‘you don’t have enough experience!'

As the year has gone on the situation has slowly eaten away at my confidence. Some of you may know from twitter that I did get a job back in May — so I have been working for most of the year — but it was a short term contract and my employers aren’t in a position to extend it, so shortly after the new year I will be unemployed again. Getting a permanent job would have meant I would have money to move out of home, so that never happened either.

The final two points I did do better at. With a combination changing the type of skin products I use and generally understanding my skin type better, I have fewer breakouts (most of the time) and these are less damaging. I found some pictures of myself from two years ago and will do a separate post about my skin just to show you the difference.

My blog has been the biggest success and source of positivity for me over the last year. There have been some negatives — enough to make me want to quit — but I have the greatest followers and I love blogging so much, it has just become a part of what I do. It is almost a year to the day since I began and I am so glad that I reached my goal. I have felt so encouraged by those who comment on my posts and have been so nice to me on Twitter, so a big thank you to you all! I am excited to see what the next year will bring, and to continue learning and improving.

I am looking forward to 2012 and hope it will finally be the year I can start my career properly, become completely independent and maybe even look to settling down somewhere. In terms of resolutions, my main one is to take care of my health, the stress and anxiety in the last year has taken its toll on me mentally, emotionally and manifested itself physically. I believe that as long as my health is ok, everything else should fall into place.

I wish you all a happy, prosperous and healthy 2012.

Share:

4 comments

  1. My BeautyFul World24 January 2013 at 00:32

    Don't give up! I know how hard it is to find a job during these hard times. But you will get it and I deeply hope it will be something you'll love!
    Your blog is lovely, don't even think about quitting please :)
    I wish you amazing 2012! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire@Eyelining24 January 2013 at 00:36

    I totally feel your pain about the job market. I graduated June 2010, we couldn't have picked a worse time could we?! But hang on in there. Something WILL come up. You just have to keep looking and know that every time you get knocked back don't take it personally, there a thousands of us out there getting rejected for jobs we deserve to get so it isn't your fault. KEep blogging hun, it's a fab blog and we all enjoy reading it! Best wishes for 2012! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog on the Monday Beauties Blog Hop! I'm following now and look forward to reading more great things about your life! The right job is out there for you somewhere... it's just unfortunate how the market is right now. But here's to hoping 2012 improves!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have achieved a lot this year, and improved your employment prospects by starting this blog. It shows, initiative, organisational skills, writing skills. Make sure you put it on your CV!

    Yeah it does suck right now looking for a job, place to live and it seems like the world is against you even though all you want to do is be like any other independent woman in their 20's. As someone older I've lived through few recessions in the UK/USA and you just have to persevere. Things will happen, it just might take a bit longer but if you are always moving in a positive direction you will see results!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig