Sunday 4 December 2011

Nails of the week: Barry M mix

So after reading on my last nails post that there was another LIMITED EDITION foil effects polish by Barry M, I knew I had to go out and buy is immediately. The deal was spend £6 and the foil effect was free.

Although I was tempted to try a few of their lipsticks, the Superdrug store I visited had swatches of nail paint colours I don’t already own and I ended up picking up these. So I can’t take credit for the final look this week, as I would have never thought of the combination had I not seen it in store.

I started with Dusky Mauve, which is a shade I have never taken much interest in before. On its own I am not that impressed with it, in the bottle you can see the purple shimmer/tint that runs through but this doesn’t translate well on the nails and reminds me of the shade Mushroom.


On top of the two coats of Dusky Mauve, I added two coats of Pink Iridescent glitter, which makes the look a lot more subtle than you would expect from a glitter. When I first saw the swatch from a distance I didn’t even realise it was glitter, the colours seemed to blend in so well to one another. You will probably notice that I smudged one of my nails, but I love that glitter is so forgiving and I could be lazy and not bother to fix it.

I will swatch the lilac foil shade soon, in the mean time what do you think of this combination? If you have mixed shades in the past and ended up with a surprisingly good effect please let me know below or include links to your posts.

Share:

5 comments

  1. Love this combination!

    I found your blog through the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. celestethebest12324 January 2013 at 00:35

    Love the glitter! Perfect for this time of year :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love the 2 together, very festice ish too ! think its the glitter hehe

    found you on mondays blog hop

    www.dreamincolour11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you did it!

    Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to add your blog at Momma's Lounge ( http://olahmomma.com/momlounge ) where you meet more mom bloggers, shout away, add your giveaways and business links and get featured by sharing your crafts, recipes and interesting musings. Following us back is deeply appreciated.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to all the new followers from blog hop, glad to have you :-) I agree, glitter is perfect for the holiday season and 5 days in and only just starting to see wear, so even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig