Monday 26 December 2011

Sleek berry Christmas look

I chose to do a berry Christmas look using the Sleek collection. I love that Sleek decided to mix up the limited edition collections by adding a lipstick and kohl pencil, and I hope they do more of these in the future.

I originally brought this with my mum who instantly loved the lipstick saying it reminded her of something she used to own and she swiped it before I got the chance to take a photograph, I did manage to get it back briefly for this look though!


All the colours are matte, and have deep red/plum tones. The kohl, mossberry, is more of a burgundy, and the fenberry blush has more red/brown tones. The blush is my favourite item in the collection. The deep colour is very flattering and adds contour to the cheek bones. I would have liked the kohl to be a bit more creamy than it is to make it easier to apply and blend.

This is the look I came up with.


Eyes:
Sleek mossberry kohl pencil in the outcorner and crease.
Urban Decay half-baked on the lid.
Urban Decay sin to highlight
ELF black cream liner
Benefit They’re Real mascara

Face:
Neutrogena foundation
Sleek contour palette (highlight only)
Sleek fenberry blush
Sleek cranberry lipstick
Clear gloss

I added these two photographs taken with flash, which show the colours better I hope. These winter months don’t make it very easy for me to take FOTD photographs! 

I generally stay away from red lipsticks, I find it really hard to find the right tone to suit me and because my lips are quite large I don’t like colours, which accentuate that. That being said I really like this tone, but I did add a clear gloss on top since the matte formulation is drying and highlighted my already dry lips. The colour lasted really well (over 4 hours) and that included tucking into dinner and desert. 

I am not sure when the collection will be taken off the shelves but if you are interested I would recommend this. The colours are ideal for the winter months and I think most skin tones can find a way to pull these off by using a light touch to control the intensity.

Share:

2 comments

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig