Saturday 25 February 2012

London Fashion Weekend 2012

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you would know that earlier in the week I got very excited after I found out I won a competition hosted by iFabbo to visit London Fashion Weekend.



If you aren’t aware, LFWend falls immediately after London Fashion Week and is a designer shopping event, with some designers offering up to 70% off.

I have never visited before and had no idea what to expect. Somerset house is huge and it took me a while to find the correct entrance and the iFabbo team! But once I did I met the team and some other bloggers who had won the competition and we were treated to canapes and drinks before the start of the runway show.



The show was a collection of British designers, including Holly Fulton, which was my favourite collection since a lot of pieces were something I would actually wear. Another collection by Prim Rose showed gave me some good ideas about how to work the pastels trend this season and I was surprised that I liked the sport luxe collection, who ever thought tracksuit bottoms and high heals could work?

My one fluke shot during the Prim Rose collection! You can almost make out the braids, which I loved. 
Unfortunately I am a useless photographer, but I loved the models hair and makeup. Some of the models sported a braided look, which looked so pretty and feminine. The host Zoe Hardman also ran through some other hair trends like the top knot (a high bun) and fishtail braid.

Their makeup was all done using the new Elizabeth Arden collection, which I had a chance to check out after the show. The makeup was mostly plain, with a nice pale pink/rose coloured lip.


We were also given a goodie bag each, which contained Kleenex eyemakeup remover wipes, Label M protein spray, Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream, impress nails and a Toni&Guy gift card. There was also some Lavazza coffee, which my mum claimed and a Galaxy chocolate bar….which didn’t make it home.

After the show I wondered round each of the rooms in Somerset House and looked at some of the fashion available. I didn’t buy any clothing, but I did get my brows done at the Benefit brow bar — taking advantage of the discounted price and picked up a face mask from Elizabeth Arden (expect reviews of both soon!).

If you are into your fashion, this is definitely the place to be this weekend. There are still tickets to the event but not the fashion show, and I have a discount on my Facebook page for anyone who wants to purchase tickets in advanced.

Have you been to LFWend before and what spring/summer trend is your favourite this year?

Share:

3 comments

  1. Sounds like a fun event!

    I found your blog from Monday Beauties Blog Hop. Now following you. :)
    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. London Fashion Week such an adorable showw<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in London for Fashion Week last year! Watch out for all the little motor bikes zooming around the cabs to rush to the shows! Have fun!

    Chat soon!

    Ava Roxanne @MySkinConcierge

    www.MySkinConciergeBlog.com
    www.AvaRoxanne.com
    www.SpaTravelTips.com
    www.SpaTravelGal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig