Monday 7 May 2012

Kiko stripes magnet (for magnetic polish)

I picked up a stripes nail magnet from Kiko for a bargain price of £2. I have so many nail polishes, including magnetic ones, and I loved that I could purchase this separately and use it with what I already own.

At least that’s what I was thinking. The magnet is flat and quite large, which should be a good thing, but this also makes it really difficult to hold steady.


I have no pictures to show of my nails because I found the whole process so frustrating and eventually I gave up and just painted my nails as usual. The magnets I own from Nails Inc and FashionistA all have ridges to help you position them across the nail, which makes it much easier to hold the magnet steady and at a good height to get the effect. Because the Kiko magnet is flat I really struggled to hold it close without touching my nails, and the times I did manage that I didn’t get an effect.

I am assuming it is all to do with the magnet design and that it is not actually faulty? I would love to hear from anyone who has tips on how to make this magnet work…..otherwise the new Barry M offerings are calling.

Share:

2 comments

  1. I felt the same way, a friend sent this to me and I just couldn't make it work :( Loving your site!! New folow from the blog hop!! Showing you some love across the social networks <3

    xo, Jersey Girl

    http://hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only magnet I own for magnetic nail polish.
    The way I found it works best is if you place one of the shorter edges on your finger just before your nail starts. Hold it at a slight angle so it does not touch your nail polish and start at the left of your nail and slowly roll it to the right (or verse visa).
    It's important that you move the magnet to get the design across the whole nail.
    I really hope this has helped and that my explanation makes sense as I find it so easy now that I have figured out the best way to use this magnet. I also feel like It gives a lovely design which is worth having the patience to do!
    Please do let me know how you get on.
    If you head over to my blog you will find a NOTD post where I have used this magnet.
    Take care and goodluck
    x Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig