Tuesday 1 October 2013

Quick review: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

I finished my much loved Urban Decay Primer Potion but luckily was gifted the Smashbox primer at an event.

I'm going to jump straight into the thing I love most about this, and that's the colour. Rather than being translucent it has a nude/beige tone, which means I have been able to wear this alone as a way of evening out the colour of the skin around my eyes.
Secondly I love the doe foot applicator, I much prefer this to pumping out onto my finger, I don't know why because I still use my finger to blend but the doe foots allows me to add a little and then more if I need it rather than over applying. A little goes a long way and in my experience it is better to apply only a thin layer.
As a primer, it works fine. Not as good at primer potion, but not bad enough that I won't finish it. Both alone and with shadow on top it creases after approximately 6 hours, which would get you through a working day or night out just fine, but typically I wear eyeshadow for longer than that and I want my primer to keep up with me!

The primer costs £15 for 2.5ml and can be purchased from Smashbox online or in Boots and other department stores. 


I think I’ll be repurchasing my much loved UDPP once this is finished, unless you have any other suggestions?

Share:

2 comments

  1. I also love UBPP. It's even better than Stay Don't Stray by Benefit, which I used to use for years. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you managed to comment! I forgot that Benefit had an eye primer too, the other one I have heard that is good is Two Faced Shadow Insurance, some people like it more than UD. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig