Saturday 19 October 2013

Simple Kind to Skin Plus

I must confess, before being invited to check out Simple’s newest selection of products I hadn’t used the brand for years. Not because they aren’t good, they are. I love the makeup remover and gentle cleansers, but as a skincare addict there is always another brand to try.

Simple have added a new range of products, Kind to Skin Plus, which includes Perfecting Beauty Balm, or BB Cream, and Illuminating Radiance Cream.
For me, BB creams are a great substitute to foundation on a holiday or on a day you just want a lighter finish.

Simple’s BB cream only has one shade, which is meant to adapt to most skin tones, although for those of you that are very light or very dark skinned I don’t think that is going to be the case. Even on my medium skin tone I find it a little dark but with a lot of blending, it works.
The cream gives a medium coverage, but isn’t buildable so I tend to cover up any blemishes with a concealer. The overall finish is natural but it does feel a little greasy — although as a mineral foundation user most cream products feel greasy to me.

Something that I know won’t appeal to all, and certainly put me off in the beginning, was the amount of light reflecting particles, better known as shimmer, in the cream. When you apply it is very obvious on the skin, but friends and family have reassured me that they don’t see it as long as I apply with a brush or my fingers. When I have applied with a beauty blender however, they do notice.
The same shimmer is found in the Illuminating Radiance Cream, which can be use on its own or as a base. I love using this is a base to foundation because it does exactly what it says, illuminates, but because it is used as a first layer the shimmer is more subtle.

As with other Simple products, both are suitable for sensitive skin and are fragrance-free, have SPF 15, ginger root extract, bisabolol, sweet almond and sunflower seed oils.

Both have a RRP of £8.99, and can be found in Boots and Superdrug, so which do you want?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig