Tuesday 19 November 2013

Birchbox November 2013

After what most would agree was an epic Birchbox in October, I expected something with the theme "Icons" to be the same.

But, sadly not. When I think icons, I expect that to be the products themselves rather than an iconic makeup artists.

So what's inside the box.
Matriskin high performance cream (full size £80) 
Probably the only exciting product in the box this month. A combination of hyaluronic acid and peptides, I am expecting this to be a hydrating treat. At a price from £80 though I won't be repurchasing. 
Waleda Replenishing Oat Shampoo (full size £8.95)
A brand I know and a product I haven't tried, both good points, except that the size isn't likely to give me more than one or two usages and that makes it hard to know if I definitely like it. 
Chella Highlighter Pencil (£15.95)
This is actually a nice addition to the box, a full size highlighting product that can be used on the brow bone, cheek bone and inner corners of the eyes. I usually prefer either liquid/cream or powder highlighters, just because I find them easier to apply, but we'll see if this can change my mind.
Laura Mercier long lash mascara (full size £18.50) 
There was a spoiler in last months box to expect another Laura Mercier product and I'd like to think I would have been happy with anything but a mascara. I'm really strict about only having one mascara open at a time so I have what feels like hundreds still waiting to be used and who knows when I'll get round to trying this. 
English Laundry signature for her eau de parfum (full size £16) 
I hate perfume samples in beauty boxes, unless they are miniature sized bottles they shouldn't be included. I'm not sure if I am the only one that feels this way, I appreciate that a lot of things in beauty boxes are sample size and can sometimes be obtained for free but perfume samples bother me the most. 
Lifestyle extra
Pukka Herbs teas (full price £2.29)
The smell of these immediately hit me when I opened the box. I like tea and these will be great when I go away for the weekend in December. 
Goodie
Birchbox pencil sharpener (£3)
You can't really get excited about a pencil sharpener, I have one but I'll keep this as a spare. I notice that Birchbox have called this a goodie rather than a beauty extra, I'm not sure how much I should read into that? 

So what are your thoughts on this month's box? I'm underwhelmed by it, I'll get round to using everything at some point but nothing has given me that 'must try this now' feeling. 

You can subscribe to Birchbox for £12.95 a month, plus P+P. I have my fingers crossed that the Christmas box will be a treat.

Share:

3 comments

  1. I agree, the Waleda Replenishing Oat Shampoo seems a little too small to get a proper review of it but it looks like something I'd like to try for my hair. And I love perfume samples! lol It's not as good as the real deal or a miniature sized bottle that lasts longer but personally I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I guess everyone has their pet peeve and perfume samples are mine! hehe
    Thank you for your comment D.J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mascara looks promising though! I'm looking forward to your review!
    And I'm your 500th follower on GFC^^ I'm following you on Google+ and Instagram too, I really hope you could follow back!:) My instagram is @ammie_dango


    http://the-beautiful-era.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig