Tuesday 12 November 2013

Bravura Volcanic Mud Cleanser

A look at another cleanser today, the Volcanic Mud Cleanser from Bravura, which is designed for deep pore cleansing and gentle daily exfoliation.

It’s a smooth and creamy mud cleanser with a very thick consistency and much more like what you would expect from a mask than a cleanser. It contains glycolic acid to gently shed dead skin cells and aloe vera and a natural oils to soothe the skin.

To use, I massage a pump or two onto dry skin and massage before emulsifying with water and wiping off with a damp cloth. The cleanser removed light makeup well and I rarely felt the need for a second cleanse.

I didn’t realise until writing this review that the cleanser can also be used as a mud mask, I have in the past left the cleanser on for about a minute and found that much of it absorbs into the skin so for a mask I would suggest adding a thicker layer.

After each use my skin feels amazing, clean and soft without feeling tight. It is recommended for normal to dry skin types, but based on the ingredients I don’t see why it wouldn’t suit combination/oily skins too. I found that when using this alone any blemishes I had would clear up much quicker.
As much as I love the cleanser, I hate the packaging. It comes in a metal bottle and the pump needs to be purchased separately. I must have purchased the wrong one or they standardly come extra long but I needed to cut the pump to size to begin with. I am also expecting to have a lot of product wastage since the mud is so thick and I can’t cut the bottle open, so this is one of the rare times I would prefer a tub over a bottle.

Available from the Bravura London website, the cleanser costs an affordable £9 for 100ml and despite the negatives I will be repurchasing this in bulk once I get through my stash!

If you have tried any of the Bravura cleansers, or love a two in one product let me know!



Share:

1 comment

  1. This sounds amazing! It's a shame about the packaging but I always can deal with crappy packaging if the product is a winner.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig