Tuesday 15 July 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips (Hydrate)

Many times I have fallen for the hype of products, purchased and been disappointed. So when Baby Lips were first released, I resisted, just how good could a lip balm be? I wasn't going to be sucked in but yet another over-hyped product.
Then attack of the chapped lips happened, sore, cracked and throbbing I tried everything I own, even things I was saving to review. I'd never experienced dry lips this painful, I think the combination of air conditioned living, lack of water and dehydration in general just left my lips in a really bad condition. 

So I picked up Baby Lips with little expectation and was pleasantly surprised. The texture of the balm is soft and melts onto the lips, I expected a Chap Lip type situation with a bit of pulling involved, but this isn't the case at all.

The claim of 8 hours hydration doesn't hold true though, maybe 2 hours at best and this is only while the product is on the lips, so at the moment I am constantly having to reapply.

Looking at the ingredients I am quite surprised it worked so well for me considering the addition of petroleum. I deliberately avoided the likes of Vaseline knowing that it tends to only mask the problem of dry skin/lips and can even make them worse. So maybe all this did was relieve the feeling of wanting to pull my lips off while they had a chance to heal? There are some really nice things in the ingredients though, including vitamin E, aloe, honey, Shea butter and in the case of the hydrate version SPF 20, which I have neglected to use on my lips while living here (very bad of me, I know). 

There are six other balms available, including three tinted versions, which I am very tempted to pick up next and at £2.99 you can't really go wrong giving them a try. The balms can be purchased from Boots, Superdrug and some supermarkets. 
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig