Sunday 21 September 2014

Elemis Pro-Collagen Creams

Today I'm sharing what are two good moisturiser options for normal to dry skin from British skincare brand Elemis, their Pro-Collagen Marine Cream and Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream.
The Pro-Collagen Marine Cream is a lightweight, lightly scented moisturiser that sits well on top of serums and underneath an SPF. A little goes a long way, and because it is so lightweight it absorbs quickly. After using this my skin immediately feels soft and smooth, and the hydration lasts all day.

I'm not sure I believe the claims that Elemis make about the cream increasing collagen support, but it certainly seems to increase hydration. If this contained SPF it would be ideal, only because I don't like to layer products and because this is the first day cream that I have been happy to use in a long time. 
The Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream, as the name suggests, is a night cream and, surprisingly, is as lightweight as the marine cream. My skin always looks healthier and clear in the mornings after using this (I use it on my nights off from Alpha H liquid gold).

I have used both now for a few months, and I believe my skin looks more dewy, which I assume is down to the hydrating effects. Like the marine cream, I don't believe that this can oxygenate the skin, and I'm not sure you would want to, which is why I started by saying that these are both good moisturisers options rather than great ones. If you just need hydration and don't necessarily want much more from your skin care (or care that the claims of the creams are probably false) then these are a good option if you want to treat yourself as the creams are very expensive.

In both cases I am not a fan of the jar packaging, for hygiene reasons, and because products are likely to keep better when they have little contact with air.

The Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream costs £80 for 50ml and the Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night cream costs £95 for 50ml and can be purchased from most department stores. However, I would recommend grabbing a bundle from QVC as they are much better value, and you'll get to try other products too. The anti-ageing collection contains the marine cream as well as the creamy cleanser that I reviewed here
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig