Wednesday 10 September 2014

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream and Eye Cream

It seems that when it comes to BB and CC creams, the blog world is a bit divided. Personally, I loved the inclusion of BB creams into the beauty market, I've tried a lot and, on the most part, loved them. So when I heard all good things about Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, I knew I wanted to give it a try.

Bourjois CC cream has found its way into my everyday makeup routine and is my favourite new product discovery in a long time. I discovered quite quickly that in this hot climate, thick bases aren't an option for everyday, and even my beloved mineral powder doesn't always seem to sit well on my skin.

bourjois cc creamThe cream is lightweight and has much more coverage than I expected. Since moving, my skin has been more red than I have ever experienced. Disappointing to say the least, and hopefully temporary, but a good opportunity to test out the colour correcting properties of this cream.

The cream contains three color correcting pigments: apricot to counteract the signs of fatigue, green to disguise any traces of redness and white to conceal dark spots, and comes in four shades. For my pre-tan skin the shade Light Beige was perfect, but is a little too light at the moment.

Out of the three skin concerns this caters to, I can say that it successful tackles all. The redness I have noticed in my complexion is covered, my skin looks radiant and for everyday general wear I don't feel the need to use a separate concealer for my acne scars. As someone with slightly dry skin too, I didn't notice any clinging to dry patches and, if anything, this provided some much needed hydration.
Left: CC cream Right: CC Eye cream
In my experience the cream applies just as well using your fingers, a brush or a beauty blender, it mostly comes down to preference. A little also goes a long way, initially I applied quite a thick layer, which not only isn't necessary, but you actually get a nicer finish the less product you apply. To finish I have taken to adding a quick swipe of powder, just because it is so easy to look shiny here, but in more normal climates this is probably unnecessary. I was also pleasantly surprised when looking through holiday photos that not only does this photograph well but it also makes my skin look flawless and I don't think it looks like I am wearing makeup at all.
The 123 Perfect CC Cream collection also has an eye cream that again serves as a great everyday concealer and works nicely with the cream, but for me isn't a must have. The eye cream comes in a twist up pen applicator that has a silicone nib, which isn't great for blending the concealer but is useful for placing it where needed before then blending with a brush/fingers.

As a bonus, both the CC cream and eye cream contain SPF 15 and only cost £9.99 and £7.99, respectively, and since Bourjois products always seem to have some sort of offer going you will no doubt get this for less.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream and matching eye cream can be purchased from Boots, Superdrug and some supermarkets. At the moment there are only four shades available, excluding those with a darker skin tone but hopefully Bourjois will introduce more.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig