Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas 2012 sale haul

Today was a day of impulse purchases. I am a sucker for box sets and nothing is better than a half price box set.

To start I hit Space NK, I noticed that their website didn’t have any of the skin care sets on sale but luckily this wasn’t the case in store.

I picked up two Eve Lom sets, the day time collection and the luxury collection. I've always admired the packaging of Eve Lom and having heard good things from Mouldy Fruit about the cleanser, which is their cult product, I was curious to try it for myself. The only thing that stopped me was the price…..and of course the fear that I will love it and then want more!
The day time collection contains a cleanser, muslin cloth, morning time cleanser, rescue mask and kiss mix. The luxury collection contains the cleanser, rescue mask again and a moisturiser. The kits were £65 and £85 respectively, but I essentially got two for the price of one with each of them 50% off. Of course I will have reviews up as soon as I have tested all thoroughly. 

The next stop for me was Boots, I was on the hunt for the Umberto Giannini curl friends kit, which I spied before Christmas but it was sold out in my local store. Instead I brought two Sanctuary sets, a hand wash and moisturiser duo, half price at £5. I would like to get into the habit of moisturising my hands after washing them and I thought that having the products neatly side by side might be a good way to start.
The second kit was the winter facial in a box. The kit contains 6 products for a 30-minute home facial. They are all sample sizes and for the original £20 price tag, there is no way I would have purchased this but at £10 I think this will be a great way to test some products in the range. The kit contains a polishing hot cloth cleanser, radiance exfoliator, firming youth serum, a 5 minute thermal detox mask, life and brighten eye complex and stop the clock moisturiser SPF 15.
Next I picked up a Big Fat Hair hair care set as a gift for my sister. These are the sets that I think are the best value for money because the cost of the kit (in this case £8) almost makes it the equivalent of buying one full sized product with three thrown in for free. 
Finally, my most impulsive purchase of all, a Mark Hill wicked waver! I have always been intrigued by these odd barrel shaped wavers and at half price (£29.99!) I thought it was worth trying. I’ve never tried anything from the Mark Hill range before so this will be an experience all round. I’m hoping that is will be a great tool for reviving my hair two to three days post wash, when I am too lazy to wash but the curls have fallen out. Again I’ll have a full review up when I have had a chance to test this out. 
I think I will stop myself from visiting any more sales for a while, although I do have a voucher for Debenhams so I may be taking a quick peek……

Let me know, what has been your best sale bargain?

Share:

2 comments

  1. I like the Eve Lom cleanser, I borrowed it from my sister years ago and didnt give it back, its really nice but it is pricey. A little goes a long way with it though. I would like to try more things from Eve Lom, I am tempted to go to Space NK but really shouldnt!! I have also seen that Sanctuary kit and thought it might be worth trying but I have tonnes of skincare to try so really I shouldnt buy any of it!
    Nice haul....would love to see pics of your hair using that new gadget!
    Enjoy your goodies!
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grace!
    When it comes to skincare I do pick up a lot in sales/on special offer and then just keep it and use it throughout the year. I get through it so I never feel guilty about it.
    I’ll be sure to post some pics of the hair tool as soon as I’ve tested it out. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig