Monday 18 February 2013

Quick review: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hand Cream

Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream has quite a status in the beauty world, so I was quite excited to try out a hand cream version I received in a goody bag.
My hands have been extremely dry this winter, they have chapped a bit and are quite rough to touch — attractive picture right! — so I hoped that the hand cream would be just what I needed to restore them.
The cream has a thick consistency, so a little product goes a long way but it does leaves a greasy residue, which I personally hate, especially when you apply a cream at work or while travelling.

The smell is very distinct and not too pleasant in my opinion. I know that there is an unscented version of the eight hour cream available though.
Overall, I wouldn’t actually mind all of these things if the cream left my hands feeling really hydrated, but it doesn’t. Although my hands initially felt smooth and hydrated, the feeling didn’t last long and the condition of my hands didn’t get better with time.

A 75ml tube of hand cream costs £25, which isn’t a price I would be willing to pay for a hand cream even if I loved it.

I’d like to know if I am the only one that hasn’t been blown away by the Eight Hour Cream, or is there a difference between the hand cream and the original Eight Hour Cream?

Share:

8 comments

  1. I wasn't a fan of the original 8 hour cream either x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say this, but I'd never buy anything from that brand. Did you try loccitane hand cream before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you have new follower from Monday Beauties Blog Hop ^^.
    http://biale-rekawiczki.blogspot.com/

    My hands are eczema prone. I just use nivea and they are somewhat fine but they're worse this winter than they were year ago :/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this hand cream. I'm currently using the L'Occitane Shea Butter and LOVE it!

    New follower from the 'Monday Beauties' blog hop. Looking forward to reading your blog :D

    www.iknowallthewords.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amalia! No I haven’t, would you recommend that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the follow! :-) I definitely think it is colder this winter than it has been before, I like Nivea actually, maybe the intensive version would be better for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the follow :-) I think I need to check out L’Occitane, do they have other scents? I’m not a huge fan of shea butter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do! There is a new limited edition honey one, a rose one, almond, and lavender. The shea butter one doesn't really have a shea scent. It's got a fresh, light floral scent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig