Tuesday 5 February 2013

Bella Pierre Makeup Base review

Bella Pierre’s Makeup Base is one of those wonderful multifunctional little products.

I received the product as part of the face kits I found in TK Maxx last year. Its main use is as an eye base to help transform shimmer powders from shimmer to matte. I own a few of the shimmer powders so the base is a great way of making them more versatile, especially for day time looks when you might want to avoid too much shimmer.
The base is a fleshy tone so it works well as a base for all eyeshadow colours, but I have taken to using it on its own on a daily basis to even out the colour of my eyes, but it does crease without a primer after about 4 hours.

Bella Pierre also suggest that the product can be used a water proof base for their make-up. However, in my experience, it doesn’t work as a primer so you would need a separate product if you wanted to make your makeup last longer.
Right: make up base alone, middle: shimmer powder, left: shimmer powder on top of make up base 
Finally, I have also used it as a concealer for blemishes and underneath my eyes, it is just a little lighter than my skin tone so it works well for me, but it wouldn’t be suitable for anyone with a darker skin colour.

Bella Pierre is advertised as an all mineral brand. The foundation only contains four ingredients but the makeup base contains considerably more (see below). I recognise the name of most things, which is always a good sign and I haven’t had any reactions to using this, again another plus!

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Cera Alba (Beeswax), Magnesium Carbonate, Kaolin, Candelilla cera (Candelilla wax), Copernicia Cerifera Cera(Carnauba Wax), SimmondsiaChinensis(Jojoba) Seed oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract,Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate(Vitamin A), [+/- Mica ( CI 77091), Titanium Dioxide ( CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499)]

The product comes in a pot and I tend to apply the product using my finger, it is solid but the warmth of your finger gives it a creamy texture and makes it easy to apply. The pot is wide enough to insert a large concealer brush too if you prefer.

At £12.99 for 8.5g it is a great product and a little goes a long way so I am expecting it to last quite a while even with its multiple usages. You can find Bella Pierre in House of Fraser and online.

Share:

3 comments

  1. Nice post, love the idea of getting two looks out of one product - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it’s great right? and it’s a bonus that it does so much more too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! this product looks very interesting :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig