Saturday 9 February 2013

Bad Apple nail polish

Another review of products I received from the #bbloggersXmas goody bag. Bad Apple Cosmetics are a new polish brand on the scene, which prides itself on having a collection of unique shades of nail varnish. First off, how great is the bottle design? 
I received the shade Arkanasas, which is a duochrome green shade and is one of the exclusive and limited edition shades from the brand, and a light green shade that I cannot find a name for. 

I decided to go for an accent nail look to contrast the two shades. Both polishes apply well and are opaque in two coats. The polish start to dry immediately and I did experience a bit of bubbling with both. The light green shade has a creme finish, whereas Arkanasas is a frost, which I am not a fan of because of the obvious brush strokes that happen but in a way this compliments the shade. 
Bad Apple nail varnishes claim to be no drip, no chip and high gloss. Unfortunately after only a day I had a lot of wear at the tips and some chipping of the shade Arkanasas but the light green shade held up a day longer before chipping. They are, however, high gloss and as a bonus the polishes do not contain formaldehyde, toluene, DBP or parabens. 

The polishes cost £9.95 for 14ml and can be found here.
Share:

2 comments

  1. such gorgeous shades, shame they didn't last long without chipping but are definitely worth it for the colour! I'm glad to have found your blog, I'm now following you :) x
    my beauty blog: www.staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the follow :-) I agree the colour is beautiful, I’m hoping to buy that amazing top coat everyone rates after my spending ban, which might make it last longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig