Saturday 8 January 2011

Lush Products Review

I love the philosophy behind Lush and therefore always wanted to try them, so armed with a 10% off voucher I hit my local store. I was more interested in the face products, initially drawn to the fresh face masks and was soon chatting to a very keen employee. She performed an entire facial routine on my hand (following a quick chat about my skin type and concerns (dry, breakouts, blackheads)) consisting of;

1. 9 to 5 orchid oil cleansing lotion,
2. Fresh Farmacy (sic) bar
3. Oatifix Fresh Face Mask
4. Eau-Roma water
5. Full of Grace serum bar
5. Skin’s Shangri La moisturiser

Unfortunately there are no pictures to accompany this post, since I have used all these products for over a month now and they don’t look very presentable

Well after all this I brought all items apart from the toner and moisturiser, as well as buying the shower/emotibomb, in the ‘up you get’ scent.

The cost was still pretty high even with the 10% discount but generally these organic/natural products are, and I have been using most for well over a month and they should still have a few more weeks use.

First off was the shower bomb, which had a lovely scent and I believe that is it’s only purpose, so at £2 a use I can’t imagine I will be repurchasing this too often!

At the store I was told that the 9 to 5 should be used as a pre-cleanser to remove make up and oil before using the fresh farmacy or other soap/cleanser. As a makeup remover I wasn’t too impressed it didn’t remove very much and I had to repeat at least twice before I was happy to move on to the fresh farmacy. The smell of the product isn’t to my liking although it is not offensive. I also didn’t like the feeling on my skin after wiping away, it was almost itchy, so I definitely couldn’t have used this alone without washing my face again after. So I can safely say I will not be repurchasing this one. My sister uses and swears by the Ultrabland cleanser used in a similar way to the 9-5 so I may well be swiping a pot of hers to try that out.

Fresh Farmacy is advertised as an ‘cleansing chamomile and calamine bar for troublesome skin,’ this was given to me since I complained about my monthly breakouts. Also added are rose, tea tree and lavender oils all known for their skin calming properties. Tea tree is also known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. I do like this soap apart from the fact that I find it a bit drying so maybe if my skin wasn’t so dry this would be better. I don’t know if it really has helped with breakouts although I can’t say my skin is worse following its use over the last 2 months.

The fresh face masks are suitable for use if kept in the fridge for 3-4 weeks after purchase, in this time I only ever used it twice mostly because it was such a messy formulation to work with. The result is soft, smooth, hydrated feeling skin, the process of wiping it the mask off acts to gently exfoliate. However, I also had oat particles all over my clothes from initially putting it on my face and then anything which fell off in the 10 minute treatment time which was a big off-putting factor. I didn’t like the smell, but my mum and sister really liked it. I know the other fresh face masks have different consistencies so I will definitely try one of those since I do apply face masks 2-3 times a week but just didn’t get along with this one.

Finally the full of grace serum bar, this is probably my favourite product of all I brought. The smell took some getting used too I think that was the portobello mushrooms used for its antioxidant properties. This serum is designed again for soothing properties, although they do have another which is more suitable for oily skin. You just let the serum bar melt slightly with the heat of your hand and smooth over your face, alternatively, massage into the skin. The lush website suggests that you can use this before a fresh face mask, but I have used this daily since I brought it after cleansing and before moisturising.

I hope this small review was helpful for some. Lush has great customer service and they are very willing to provide samples of products if you ask for one. I think its just going to take me a little longer to find products I love and that are suitable for me. Let me know your experiences either with these products or any other Lush products, I would love an idea of what to try next!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig