Thursday 13 January 2011

Clothes and Jewellery Haul: Primark Boots and more!


It's the first time I have been to a shopping centre after all the festive period madness and it was such a lovely experience. The shops were really empty and tidy, staff were friendly and helpful, obviously not a good thing for my pocket since I stay looking around longer!

I wasn’t on the hunt for anything in particular but I did find a few things……




First stop was Primark, recently I haven’t found anything that I have liked especially in the jewellery/accessories department but I could have picked up a lot more than I did today, all the small necklaces are only £1.50. Usually I don’t go for the gold toned since they are more yellow than I like, but the matted gold that some of these have is very pretty. I haven’t decided yet if I will keep the charms on the necklaces as they are, generally I buy and wear much chunkier jewellery (see Debenhams example!). At the time of purchase I had already decided I would make the nautical style necklace into a double bracelet and remove the charms I am not too fond of and replace with others. My favourite piece though is either the ring or the flying bird necklace. There was a lot of peach and gold tones around so I guess that is the trend this season?


I also picked up a pair of skinny jeans/jeggings which remind me of a pair I have and love, since they are thicker than traditional leggings but thinner than jeans and makes them a good inbetween item. In the past the jeans I have brought from Primark although fitting well and looking good initially eventually lose shape so I am hoping these will last that bit longer.

There was a lot of colour options with the shirt but I liked the red base best since I am not always planning to wear it done up but with a white/brown/black vest or t shirt underneath to tone it down a little. The sleeves are also able to button up or down to mix up the look a bit and the thicker fleece like fabric makes it wearable in the colder weather.

Finally the beading and detail on the vest top is what made me purchase, all the t-shirts and vests I have ever brought from Primark have been see-through thin, so I will probably be layering this!



The bobble hat was a random purchase after spotting another hat and then getting distracted with this one! I love the detailing on it….the next one I am looking out for is the turban style which is meant to be in this season.


Pen-ultimately a quick trip into boots since I randomly decided the other day that my hair is too dark and I want a change……hopefully before and after pictures to come. Having heard great praise for the Rimmel exaggerate eyeliner I also picked up one of these. I have high hopes for it to be an eyeliner which lasts in my waterline without smudging all over the place. Also expect to see a nails of the week with the new beautiful gunmetal grey nail polish from Bourgeois (as well as a review on the weird new brush applicator!!).


Finally, a trip through Debenhams had me stopping in the sale section where I found this beautiful necklace 70% off. I do love a bargain.



Do expect to see outfits featuring these, I have nearly sorted out the camera situation so hopefully will have nice clear pictures soon.
'Till next time, thank you for reading.

Share:

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig