Wednesday 4 May 2011

Sleek True Colour Lipsticks

Sleek added some new lipsticks to their true colour collection and are on promotion at Superdrug at 2 for £6. Having originally spotted them, I walked away with none overwhelmed with the choice. After seeing swatches on PinkSweetSz blog, I went back with a bit more direction, in mind getting exactly the same colour combination of peaches and cream and papaya punch that Sharmin combined so well. When I swatched them myself I got a bit scared with the colours, and played it safe with my choices.

I ended up picking up 4 lipsticks, only 3 of which were the new collection. However, this allows me to do a small comparison between the old and new! The packaging is very slick, and compact, great for keeping on you. You do get less product with the new collection though. By the way did anyone else struggle getting through that box they come in?!

I brought;
Barely There (sheen)
Bare All (matte)
Liqueur (sheen)
Rose Petal (sheen, old collection)

Right to left, barely there, rose petal, bare all, liqueur.

Top to bottom, rose petal, liqueur, barely there, and bare all. 
I consistency of the sheen colours of the new collection is very creamy and is more creamy than the old collection, but all feel very moisturising on the lips. The vibrancy of the colours is great, so you just need to apply according to how subtle or dramatic you want. I love the matte shade, more than I thought I would, it is not as creamy as the sheen finishes, but it still applies well. You do need to make sure your lips are well moisturised before wearing these though, as they do point out all the cracks!

Barely There
Bare All
Liqueur
Rose Petal
Overall I am really impressed, I have played it safe with my colour choices, there are some beautiful vibrant shades, but I am just not bold enough to wear them and don’t really know what suits me best. I am not sure how long the promotion runs for, but I would suggest getting down to Superdrug soon to make the most of it!  
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig