Wednesday 5 October 2011

ELF brow kit review

My eyebrows are naturally very sparse and fair for my skin and hair colour. I didn't appreciate until recently how filling in eyebrows really frames my face and compliments the rest of my makeup. Along with concealing and foundation, filling in my brows is the thing that I have to do every day as a bare minimum. Looking back at photos before brows I can really tell what was missing!

My favourite eyebrow product used to be a powder I got from the ideal home show about two years ago, I have found the brand online since (cresty cosmetics) and was gutted when I dropped and shattered it all over the bathroom floor!


I purchased the ELF eyebrow kit, in the shade medium, as a replacement, which is a gel and powder combined. The colours are very subtle but defining at the same time which is perfect as I have always avoided pencil products, fearing that my brows will look too drawn in.



I use the brush provided to apply, which has a stiff angled end for applying the gel and a softer brush to apply the powder. I apply the gel first using that to fill in the most sparse areas and define the shape. From my experience the gel alone does not give a lot of colour and only once I apply the powder on top do I see any real definition happening. The colour then lasts the majority of the day, but if I were to go out in the evening I would re-apply.

Before 

After

The kit is from the Studio range and is £3.50. I have been using this since August and barely made a dent in either the gel or the powder so I see this lasting me a very long time!

Generally, I find everything about eyebrow maintenance very tedious! I would like to try dying them myself but I am a bit worried about the potential for that to go very wrong! If anyone does have experience with at-home eyebrow dying I would love to hear about it.

Share:

8 comments

  1. I have the exact same problem with my brows, I don't look right unless they're filled in now! I was given Benefit's Browzings and have loved it ever since, but I might give this a go as a cheaper alternative, your brows look so lovely and natural! xx

    www.a-place-for-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I noticed that brow zings looked very similar if you do try out both it would be really interesting to know how they compare. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can really see the difference in the two pics yet it's very natural; might have to get on the ELF site again. If I spend too much (again) I'm blaming you xx
    www.beautygeekuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, that’s fine you can blame me! In fact I just saw that they are doing free shipping so it’s a good time to indulge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that elf had a eyebrow kit. I need to get it now. lol. I really like your blog, I found it on mondays blog hop. Check out mine if you want :)

    http://www.beautyobsessed2@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will do. Thank you for following. Let me know what you think of the eyebrow kit if you give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great and so natural!!! great review :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried elf products but I'm very tempted to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig