Thursday 6 October 2011

Every day make-up look

I have changed my every day makeup look quite a lot since attending the Marie Clare Inspire and Mentor event and getting some great tips from Alan Wan. All the methods mentioned are the ones I learnt at the event.


I have recently been trying out a liquid foundation (I know - a shock for my regular readers who know how obsessed I am with mineral foundation). Mixing in the liquid foundation with a little serum and using a duo-fibre brush I buff the foundation into the skin. Not only is this quick (less than 30 seconds) but the finish is amazing. The foundation blends flawlessly into the skin, and only needs a little translucent powder on the T-zone to set.

I use the Sleek suede blush on my cheeks, loading up the brush the same as you would load up a mineral foundation. I apply starting at the hairline and lightly brushing inwards, stopping at the height of your cheekbone, parallel with the outside corner of the eye.


For the eyes, drawing from the inner eye outwards use light strokes of eyeliner to line the eyes only three-quarters across, this builds up a thicker and darker line in the outside corner, getting thinner going in. Although it still looks odd to me he recommended using liner on the outer third of the lower lash line. To finish off the look using a dark eyeshadow, press the colour over the liner and use a light colour over the rest of the lid. 


The whole look takes about five minutes including my eyebrow routine. I am surprised what a difference it can make to the finish of your makeup just by changing the brushes you use and the way you use them. 

Please share with me your top tips for makeup application. 

Share:

8 comments

  1. I own zero knowledge concerning makeup, but since I stumbled upon your blog, I felt like I should leave a comment.

    Your skin is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! and thank you for following too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MercedesMakeupBlog24 January 2013 at 00:32

    I love this look! You look natural and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the a sigma brush which I purchased from lovemakeup.com. That is the only one I have ever used though so I can’t really recommend. If you are going to place an order with ELF I believe they have one so it might be worth a try. I have been impressed with a few of their brushes. Let me know how you like the look when you try it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo you tried it! I'd forgotten all about that technique; very excited now as I'll be trying it tomorrow. Can you recommend a decent duo-fibre brush? Wish is it you use? Hope you're cool luvvy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skin is flawless!!! i'm a new follower from the beauty obsessed blog hop!!

    dreammua.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig