Monday 3 October 2011

FOTD - Late summer sun

I wanted to do something bright to go with the beautiful weather we have had. I can’t believe it’s October and I am wearing a summer dress! 

For this look I used the Manly palette. The pinks and purple shades in the palette immediately caught my attention. A few of the colours have a two-dimensional quality, which I think work really well on there own for day time looks if you don’t have time/want to do anything more. 


I used the two shades of pink, the first (5th row, first colour) in the inner two-thirds of the lid and the second (5th row, third colour) in on the remaining third. I then used a combination of the two lilac/purple shades(3rd row, third and fourth colour) in the crease just to add a light bit of definition. 

I used the black ELF cream eyeliner to line my lids and set using a black matte eyeshadow, which I have found makes the eyeliner a few hours longer than usual, particularly on the waterline. 


For the rest of the face I used the lightest touch of Bourgeois blush in the shade rose and the highlight of the Sleek highlight/contour kit above the blush. On my lips I used ELF liquid lipstick in the shade babylips and then lightly dabbed a bright pick shade (unknown brand) to act as a light stain on top.


Was your makeup inspired by the sunshine this weekend? If so, please leave me your links below so I can check it out.

Share:

2 comments

  1. You definitely pulled off the pink and purple eyeshadows! :) Pretty! :)

    http://jesroque.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty, love this look :)

    Love Christine ♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig