Wednesday 10 July 2013

Smashbox Heatwave Palette

Smashbox heatwave packaging
Heatwave Smashbox palette
How perfect is this palette for the weather in the UK right now?

Appropriately named Heat Wave, this is the latest palette by Smashbox for summer 2013 and since the sun has been shining I have been wearing it every day because it adds that extra bit of good to my mood.

The colours are summery but in a subtle way, rather than filling it with bright colours, which I don't feel comfortable wearing on a daily basis, the shades are wearable for both day and night.
Heatwave smashbox swatches

smashbox heatwave swatches
The shadows are all soft and pigmented and there isn’t one shade that is a lesser quality than the rest.

The colours included are a matte peach, a champagne beige, a matte caramel, a golden pink/peach (my favourite), a gold, a pink beige with silver flecks, a grey, a blue, a purple taupe and a deep brown.

A huge plus point about the palette is that the shadows can be used wet or dry. To use wet I dip my brush into water and then use it to pick up the shadow. The result is that the powder becomes more like a cream and the colour that much more vibrant.

My favourite look to date is the combination of the peach and gold shades with the light brown in the crease to add definition — but there isn’t a colour in the palette that I won’t use, which is a first.
Smashbox heatwave look

The wear time of the shadows is good lasting over 10 hours with a primer and over 8 hours without.

It is also worth mentioning that this is the first palette I own that comes with a high quality brush that is actually useful for application.

The Heat Wave palette costs £36 and the summer collection also has some bright lip glosses to compliment.

What do you think of Heat Wave? And what is your favourite summer look?

p.s I was lucky enough to receive this palette after attending a Smashbox event.  
Share:

5 comments

  1. wow those are some gorgeous colors! Your application looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the shades! They looked a little too light in the pan, but are gorgeous when swatched. I've been looking for a better, slightly-modified version of the Sleek Sunset palette and this is perfect - going on my wishlist! PS gorgeous look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the packaging! I love wearing colors like the ones in the top row during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those shades are rilly rilly pigmented! You wouldn't know it from the way they look. And more pictures of you please! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig