Monday 29 July 2013

Sample session: Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask

You may have noticed that my sample session posts have been lacking. Surprisingly testing samples hasn’t been as much fun as I expected.

I’ve had to stop using Liquid Gold while I’m testing out a new serum and I noticed that my skin wasn’t feeling as smooth as it normally does.

Cue Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask, which works by dissolving dry skin and is meant to keep skin looking fresh, clear and bright. There is no manual exfoliation action here, as you may spot in the ingredients list it is fruit enzymes and alpha-hydroxy acids doing the work.

The mask is clear in colour and has a light gel-like consistency, which is easy to apply. It smells very fresh but I didn’t get a strong scent of pomegranate.

After cleansing and applying the mask, about a minute later I noticed a tingling feeling and this lasted throughout the rest of the treatment time.

When the 15 minutes was up, the mask was dry and looked like it has disappeared or absorbed into the skin. I used a wet flannel to wipe the mask away and repeated this twice to make sure I had removed all the product.

Ingredients: Water, Sorbitol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Bromelain, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Lactic Acid, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Sodium PCA, Menthoxypropanediol, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 60, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance.


Immediately after my skin looked brighter and felt smoother and the roughness I was experiencing had gone completely. My skin didn’t feel tight after using either but actually felt hydrated. I was able to use the mask twice from the one sachet and the results were just as good the second time around. The sachet system is a nice idea in theory but storing the sachets in between uses isn’t easy. 

I was surprised to find out that the mask comes as a box of six 7.5 ml sachets for £25. Each sachet has a minimum of two and a maximum of three applications depending on how generous you are, which is at least 12 weeks of treatments.

I can’t say I noticed any amazing results in terms of blackheads or pore size being reduced but I know that two treatments isn’t enough to comment on that, but the results I did see are enough for me to want to purchase a box.

I would recommend this mask to all skin types, particularly is you want something gentle but effective for giving your skin a bright and fresh look.

Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask can be purchased from Murad online and in Marks and Spencer stores. The Murad website has a money back guarantee for the product, which suggests they are very confident that people won’t be disappointed!
Share:

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig