Friday 5 July 2013

Sweet Bird of Youth and Let’s Go Lashes

A couple of weeks ago I was selected as one of 30 lucky bloggers to watch Sweet Bird of Youth at The Old Vic with Amazing PR and Let’s Go Lashes.

After arriving at the theatre the Lets Go Lashes team applied faux lashes for us and we all got to mingle and chat as we waited for the show to start.
The lashes used were from the Let’s Go Striplash Tease range, number 4, which are half lashes and cost £8.95. 

One of the things I love about these lashes in particular is that they add length and volume to the outside corners of the lashes, looking glamourous yet natural. 

Half-lashes are also that much easier to apply yourself. Lash application for me usually involves a lot of growling and cursing but I have managed to apply the lashes without too much fuss since the night. I was told after removing to peel off the glue and store the lashes to use another time. I have used them three times in total now and I think I still have a few uses left.  
The show itself was amazing and although I understand that it is sold out if you do have the chance to go I would highly recommend it. I didn’t know the story line before attending and made a point of not reading about it to keep it a surprise.

The play is by Tennessee Williams and tells the story of Chance Wayne when he returns to his home town as the accompaniment of movie star, Alexandra Del Lago — played by Kim Cattrall — who he hopes to use to help him break into the movies business and ultimately get back what he had in his youth, his girlfriend.
The play explores the idea of youth and celebrity and even though it was written in the 50s, the themes are relatable today. Apart from the acting and the story, the stage itself was beautiful and the movement between the scenes was done in a very clever way.

I want to give a huge thank you to Amazing PR and Let’s Go Lashes for allowing me to attend and to Let’s Go Lashes again for getting me over my fear of lash application!

If you wear false lashes do you prefer the natural or dramatic look? And if you have any play recommendations, pop those in the comments below too.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I have never worn lashes before and bought a few 'natural' looking ones at IMATS that I am hoping to try soon. Looks like a fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find them tricky to apply, but the half lashes are much easier if you have those I would suggest starting there. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig