Tuesday 16 July 2013

Alpha-H Anti-Ageing Cleanser

Alpha-H liquid gold anti-ageing cleanser
I have a love-hate relationship with this cleanser. I love how it makes my skin look but I hate how it feels to use.

The Liquid Gold Anti-Ageing Cleanser is the newest cleanser from Alpha-H. The cleanser contains gylcolic acid, lactic acid and shea butter and promises to kick starts the skin’s cell renewal process to help achieve poreless looking skin.

Although it is designed to remove makeup, I haven’t found it to be as effective as other cleansers and I use this as step two of a double cleanse routine. For me it works as a treatment cleanser and complimenting whatever night treatment you are using.

Since using this my skin looks clearer and brighter and I have noticed that my scaring and pigmentation has cleared up faster since using this cleanser and in combination with the liquid gold and rejuvenating cream.

The big problem is, it stings.
The cleanser initially has the consistency of a liquid and becomes creamy on contact with water, so I expected it to be perfect to use with my clarisonic. A lot of cleansers warn you about contact with the eyes, as does this one, but I never expected it to sting as much as it does and after the first use I didn’t try again for a few days. It also stings on contact with any blemishes but not as much as the eyes.

The same thing happens if you try to wash your face normally with your hands as inevitably cleanser will get into your eyes and the only way I have found I can use this is to use this is to gently rub it into my skin, avoiding my eye area, and remove it with a muslin cloth — but I’d still recommend being careful cleansing this way because it is easy to sweep close to your eyes. 

The results are impressive with this cleanser but if you don’t want the fuss of having to be so careful washing your face then I wouldn’t recommend it.  

Alone the cleanser costs £34.95 but I purchased mine as part of a set from QVC, which includes Liquid Gold, a rejuvenating moisturiser to use alternating with liquid gold and an eye serum.

Do you have a cleanser that you have a love-hate relationship with?
Share:

3 comments

  1. That's no good if it stings! I loved the Elemis Cleansing balm but it broke me out :( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s annoying. This has been really good for breakouts, just need to be careful around the eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, would love to try it out <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig