Monday 20 June 2011

Sleek luminaire Highlighting Concealer Review

Since the avoir le peche palette, I have become a big Sleek fan. The newest addition to their collection is the luminaire highlighting concealer.
The claim is that the luminaire is 'A highlighting concealer with moisturising properties, Luminaire brightens dark circles, conceals blemishes, and fades imperfections leaving you instantly glowing and flawless. With five flattering shades to choose from, Luminaire is perfect for all skin tones providing a natural, dewy finish.’




The 5 shades all have different undertones, I selected L02, the second lightest shade which was the most neutral. The concealer comes in a click-pen dispenser with a fibre brush tip which allows you to close to the lash line when applying under the eye. I don’t particularly like the applicator, since I find it difficult to control how much product comes out, finding that one pump isn’t enough and then ending up with more after pumping too much! 

This colour works very well for me around the eye area, but would be too light for use as a blemish concealer. The glowing properties (which is not shimmery) in my opinion makes it more suitable for under the eye. I like to put it in a triangle shape under the eye, and get that signature ‘Kardashian' chiselled cheek effect.

The concealer is quite a thick consistency, which I like for covering marks but under the eyes, it ends up being hard to spread. It dries quickly that it is difficult to blend it where you want it. Using on its own I needed two layers and there was a tendency for it to settle in fine lines, but this can only be seen up close.
I forgot to take an image without eyeliner for a better contrast, but as you can hopefully tell the
darkness in the inner corner of my eye is  considerably lightened 
To get the best result I apply a small amount on top of my Garnier eye roll on concealer. This provides a good base and an initial level of brightening, before the luminaire then gives it the wow (which is the only way I can think to describe it!). It’s not ideal, since I would rather use the one product, but I suspect this could be solved by a change in the formula which would make easier to spread.

At £6.49 it’s cheaper than the Garnier I used previously and is the first product I have used which has given a brightening effect without looking obvious.

Share:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the review! =)

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig