Sunday 12 June 2011

Bargain Alert - June Magazine Freebies

I’m not going to lie, I only buy magazines when there is a good freebie involved. I just never make the time to go through them properly and I always feel a little bad when I see the amount of paper that gets thrown into the recycling.

Anyhow, this seems to be the month of the magazine freebies, I have never brought so many in one go, but at least my reading material on the train for the next week or so is sorted! 




Glamour are giving away sample size Benefit goodies again, I was surprised to find the whole selection on the shelf of my local newsagent, since the last time Benefit goods were involved the shelves were bare everywhere! I chose ‘highbeam' since I have always wanted to try it. I love highlighters so this was an easy choice.



Marie Claire are offering either a mineral eyeshadow or eyeliner by Inika. I opted for the eyeshadow, which is the shade gunmetal, over the grey liner. This is a beautiful colour, a pretty shimmery dark silver. Also by opting for the eyeshadow, by using a wet brush you can also use the eyeshadow as a liner. The feel of the minerals is so smooth, having not heard of Inika before, I definitely want to find out more.



Red magazine are giving away Jemma Kidd Makeup School, Hi-shine silk touch lipgloss. I chose the shade “petal", a peach-pink nude. The gloss is a really nice consistency which applies smoothly and is not too sticky, but disappointingly I think this shade may be a little light for my skin tone.


Finally, Harpers Bazaar is giving away a full sized Leighton Denny nail polish. I was very keen to try it out and at this point this has now also become my nails of the week post. I chose the shade supermodel, which is a greige colour. Although I have a few of these I am yet to find my perfect one, and this comes close to being just that. The consistency is quite thick, and potentially you could get away with the one coat if you were in a hurry. I found that it began to dry very quickly, and I needed to coat the whole nail at once or there was a risk of streaking it as you tried to cover any other areas. It dried completely quickly, and I love the colour as a work-friendly neutral shade. The formulation is not ideal in my opinion, and that is the only down side. I love the design of the bottle, very slick, I find it odd that from the design you can tell that this is a more expensive polish.


All these are available now for the next month, as long you can find magazines without the freebies missing! If you have already taken advantage, what shades did you pick up?

Share:

3 comments

  1. wow that is so awesome! I love the polish on you, too bad about the formula though... Do they give you the freebies right when you buy the magazine or is there a coupon inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no there with the magazine so you can choose what you want too if there are options. but of course there are always some who help themselves to the free gift don’t bother buying the mag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such great freebies! Here in malta we normally just get the mag but no freebies which is annoying.. i just have a look out for anything !
    Stefy x
    britese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig