Wednesday 29 June 2011

Nails of the Week - Guy meets Gal-veston

I changed my nail colour earlier than I normally do to fit in with the brief sunshine we had. This shade is by OPI and was part of the bundle I purchased from QVC last month. It is called ‘guy meets gal-veston’ and was part of the Texas collection.

It is a beautiful coral colour but what is most unique about it, is the fact that the colour can look completely different in different lighting, taking on a more orange or red tone. It has a cream finish and a wonderful shine. I really like the brush which makes applying easy without also getting polish on your fingers. The only down side was that I had to apply 4 coats to get the opaque level I wanted, since the polish is very sheer but thankfully the drying time between each coat was quick.


Because of how different it can look this is another difficult polish to photograph. I love the colour and have had so many people comment on how striking it is.

Share:

3 comments

  1. pretty, but idk if I could do 4 coats! Curious, have you used Sleek polishes and any thoughts on those? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea its not ideal but you can get away with two, i was just being fussy! I haven't tried sleek I have always gone for barry m for nail polish and sleek for everything else! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this but found it needs more than two coats for a decent coverage... I was worried I had a faulty bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig