Thursday 16 June 2011

Quick Review - Boots Organic Cleansing Balm

I tried out the Boots Organic Cleansing Balm after a recommendation. I must admit I have always ignored the Boots own range, for no good reason but I am really impressed with this product and would want to check out more of the range. This product is actually 92% organic ingredients so ticks off my want of more natural products.

The cleanser is packaged in a tub, presented in a box which also contains a muslin cloth. The cleanser is a semi-solid consistency, much like wax, which when you pick up and rub between your palms, melts, and applies easily to the skin. Over time crystals do form but these easily melt away and you are warned of this in the packaging. Only a small amount is needed, making it great value for money since it will last a long time.

As you have probably guessed, it is a hot cloth cleansing system, and the balm is removed using the muslin cloth. You do have to use the muslin cloth to remove, since much like wax, water alone won’t remove it (and therefore this does not work with my clarisonic). After a few uses the muslin cloth feels as though it has wax over the surface. Having used Liz Earle previously, I prefer the muslin cloths she supplies, since they feel as though they remove the balm better and have more on an exfoliating effect.

The balm has a lovely lemon/citrus scent, and the instructions suggest that once you have applied it, to leave the cloth over your face as a relaxing treat, which it really is. It cleanses well, removing makeup and eye makeup, but as I mentioned previously it is better used with the Liz Earle muslin cloth rather than the one supplied. From the first use, my skin felt really soft, smooth and clean.

This will definitely be a cleanser I repurchase and take away on holidays since I do miss using my clarisonic, or I may use this in the morning and use the clarisonic at night for a deeper cleanse. It is great quality and value for the price (£6.63) and although I cannot compare it to other balms, as a hot cloth cleansing system it is on a par with Liz Earle, who only gets ahead slightly, since I don’t get the same paranoia about leaving cream residue on my face as I do the balm.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig