Friday 22 March 2013

Eve Lom cleanser review

I wanted to try this cleanser ever since I heard Mouldy Fruit feature it as a one of her monthly favourites.

The cleanser has been described by Vogue as “probably the best cleanser in the world”. It claims to be suitable for all skin types and conditions and even though you are meant to see results immediately, in terms of skin looking more radiant and feeling smoother, this is only meant to improve with use.
The cleanser has a balm like texture, and with the heat of your hands it spreads easily on the skin. It does contain tiny granules, which feel lightly exfoliating (but I don’t think that’s the point of them). It is not a great sensation when it comes to rubbing over the eyes so I usually take a little product in between my fingers and melt it down as much as possible before gently massaging over my eye area.

The scent is strong but not overwhelming, I can smell clove and eucalyptus and overall I think it is a herbal scent. I have days when I like it and others when I don’t….go figure!

Using the product is a nice experience, I haven't followed the long winded instructions included for a facial massage, which is a nice touch but not practical on a daily basis. But I would like to try and incorporate the technique once or twice a week as it is meant to help decongest and drain toxins.

The instructions recommend that you massage the cleanser onto the face and neck, then soak the muslin cloth in hot water and press the cloth against sections of the face and neck for a few seconds, repeating up to three times, before working the muslin cloth against the skin in small, circular movements to remove the cleanser. As a final step the brand recommends rinsing the cloth in cool water and pressing against the skin. This doesn’t take a long time, and is fine as a routine in the evenings, but in the mornings I have been massaging the product into the skin and immediately using the cloth to remove the cleanser. I haven’t found that it is suitable for use with the Clarisonic.
Ingredients: paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), cetearyl alcohol, peg-30 lanolin, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, aluminum stearate, theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), peg-75 lanolin, chamomilla recutita (chamomile oil), eugenia caryophyllus (clove oil), eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus oil), humulus lupulus (hops oil), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, p-chloro-m-cresol, eugenol, isoeugenol

Overall I'm in mixed minds about the product. It is very effective at removing eye makeup as well as other makeup from the skin but I have noticed my skin is more congested recently. I haven't broken out but I seem to have more blackheads. Being that the first ingredient is mineral oil (which I’ve never had any issues with) I’m wondering if this is one of those instances where I have to use a toner to remove any residual cleanser — a step I usually skip.

For a lot of products I am not a fan of tubs as containers, but I assume for this product there isn’t much of a choice because of its texture.

I purchased mine at Space NK as part of a Christmas box set, but usually a 100ml tub would cost you £55, which includes a muslin cloth (which is huge and a nice quality btw). There are also 50ml and 200ml tubs, which cost £40 and £85, respectively. It’s not a cheap cleanser, and I’m in two minds about whether or not I would purchase it again. It is lovely to use and effective, but a 50ml tub lasted me approximately two months when used day and night, which doesn’t make it the best value for money. There is a very good chance I was a bit generous with the application though, so I will see how long the 100ml tub lasts before I make up my mind.

Is the Eve Lom cleanser your holy grail?

Share:

2 comments

  1. This along with Shu Uemura oil are my holy grail cleansers. I've tried a gazillion others but always come back to these. Especially like that they take off eye makeup as i'm too lazy for too many products! And also that they don't strip skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t tried the Su Uemura oil, I’ll have to add it to my to-try list.


    Thank you for your comment :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig