Wednesday 20 March 2013

Quick review: Inika organic eyeliner

I didn’t become aware of Inika until late last year, the brands unique selling point is that it offers all natural and almost all organic makeup and is certified as halal too. I’m a huge fan of mineral makeup and Inika offer a full range of makeup products and more than just powders.

Ingredients: Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Mica (CI 77019), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Levisticum Officinale (Black Lovage) Oil (Olus), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbic Acid, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491) (Red), Iron Oxides (CI 77492) (Yellow), Iron Oxides (CI 77499) (Black), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Pigment Violet (CI 77742) *Certified Organic
The liner comes with a complimentary sharpener lid, which did fall off in my bag so I would recomend keeping it at home or in a makeup bag 

I recieved the certified organic eyeliner in the shade black caviar in my #bbloggersxmas goody bag. It is not the darkest of black but it is good if you want something less harsh to use on a daily basis. The texture is smooth and creamy, which makes it easy to apply and blend if necessary.
The wear on the lash line is good and I didn't get any smudging all day. However, the wear wasn't as good on my waterline. After about an hour I started getting eyeliner underneath my lid and setting the liner with a powder didn’t improve the wear. I'm starting to think I'm always going to struggle finding an eyeliner that stays on my waterline unless it is waterproof….. is there such a thing as having a very watery waterline?

The eyeliner costs £13.50, which is more than a high street brands but great for a product that is organic. Inika can be found online or in John Lewis stores.

Although the liner isn’t quite right for me, I am interested to try out more from the brand. What would you recommend I try next?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig