Saturday 30 March 2013

Benefit Fake Up

Benefit is on a role with their product releases this year. First came Fine-One-One, then the World Famous Neutrals and now Fake Up. Of all of them, this is the one I was most excited for.

Fake Up is described as a hydrating crease-control concealer, that has been proven to keep the skin hydrated for 6 hours. It is made up of two parts, a hydrating ring containing vitamin E and apple seed extract for moisurisation and a concealing core to smooth skin, hide dark circles and diffuse light.
I am constantly being told I look tired (I know, thanks!). The skin around my eyes and their shape makes them look darker so I would love nothing more than to achieve that Kim Kardashian brightness. I also have dry skin and fine lines starting to develop so the last thing I want is something that settles in the lines and looks worse than going bare.

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the final stop of the Fake Up tour at the Benefit Spitlefields boutique. After quizzes, nibbles and some information on the product we were all given the entire shade selection to take home and a Hello Flawless Powder foundation to celebrate its 1 year birthday.
Fake Up comes in three shades, light medium and deep and we were told that all three shades could be used together for contouring. In fact at London fashion week, the Benefit team had gone as far as using the product as a foundation on the models when they were short of time.

I use the shade medium on a daily basis underneath my eyes, which glides onto the skin and blends in easil, without having to tug the eye area. I use my fingers to blend but you could also use a foundation or a concealer brush and I imagine a beauty blender or sponge would also work well.
From left to right: light, medium and deep
After wearing all day my eye area felt smooth and hydrated and I am pleased to report that I didn't experience any creasing. Even though it is so hydrating it doesn’t leave the eye area looking shiny.

Although the medium shade doesn’t give me that KK look, it does even out the colour around my eye area and make me look brighter on a daily basis. On a night out I would use the light shade to add extra brightness and it would also work well as a shimmer-free highlight shade. I used deep as an alternative to a powder contour and found it much easier to blend and get a defined look. However, I don’t think the shade is right for my skin tone.

Fake Up costs £18.50 for 3.5g. Considering I have paid £10 for Garniers eye roll on, which doesn't have the staying power or the level of coverage as this product, I think the price is reasonable. The only thing I can’t judge at the moment is how long it will last.

Finally, just a quick note on the packaging…how cute! I love the design of the tube but also that the boxes are slightly different colours to indicate the shade.

Fake Up is released today (30 March) in the UK and can be found in stores or online, will you be faking it?

Share:

5 comments

  1. I so want to try this, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this one out, it sounds amazing! :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stuff, been using it everyday since we got it at the event! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some Fake Up in medium if you want it, I haven't tried it but I know it's too dark for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely for you to offer thank you! My sister ran off with the light shade soon after I got home but I am sure I can find a goody to swap with you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig