Friday 29 March 2013

Ideal Home Show 2013 haul

So with 13 days left, it happened, I broke my spending ban. BUT it was worth it.
In my original spending ban post I mentioned that I would be visiting the Vitality Show and Ideal Home Show this year and that I would allow myself those days to spend but only if there was a really good deal to be had.

I resisted the temptation at the Vitality Show, opting to buy food instead with the aim of achieving good skin and beauty from the inside out. However, when I spied my favourite makeup up brand at the Ideal Home Show, it was going to be hard to resist, especially when I was planning on buying something after my spending ban anyway.

I recently visited the Bella Pierre counter at House of Fraser for an updated colour match after noticing that my foundation was making my face look darker, almost orange, compared to my neck. I’ve never changed my foundation between summer and winter, so it didn’t really occur to me that I might have to.
I was matched the shade Nutmeg in the pressed compact, which in theory is a darker shade, but the compact formulation and my current undertones make it suitable for me to use in the winter. If I do happen to see any sun this year and get a tan, I can then go back to using my original shade cinnamon.

So in theory this was a needed purchase, as for the bronzer and primer I picked up too, I have no excuse! I have never used the compact version of the foundation, so I will have a review up as soon as I have tested it.

Other exhibitors at the show were Beautiful Brows and Tropic skin care, which I have purchased and reviewed in the past. Benefit were also at the show and were offering 10% off and a free gift with any three product purchases, so my sister took advantage and picked up the goodies above. They also have a product of the day, which is at further reduced price.

The Ideal Home Show closes on Monday and if you are heading down I recommend you check out Bella Pierre and come back and let me know what other bargains you found!
Share:

3 comments

  1. Soooo naughty...but I forgive you since I love you - and you had been good for months! Not long to go now!

    http://www.allthatslap.com/



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, and they always have good offers going on so it is very hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :-) I think the little spend has made the last few days harder actually, it would have been nice to go the whole time without a spend though. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig