Monday 18 March 2013

Sample session: Murad skin perfecting primer

The Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer (dewy finish) is meant to be a 2-in-1 primer that provides a “radiant glow” while treating the skin to even skin texture and tone. The primer contains lots of good stuff and more importantly is free from parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs and triclosan.

Being a decent sized sample I managed to get to try of this primer over a few days before making up my mind.

As I have mentioned previously, I am a big fan of anything that crosses the makeup/skincare boundary. Murad say that the primer contains pore factor-5, which minimises the appearance of pores while balancing oil production, adaptive shade technology to create a perfect skin tone match and light enhancing minerals create a radiant glow.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Boron Nitride, Stearyl Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Propyl Gallate, Polyurethane-40, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, 77491, 77492, 77499). 

The primer is flesh toned but quite a lot darker than my natural skin tone. However, once it is applied and blended it adapts to match perfectly.

The consistency is similar to a light moisturiser. The product is unscented, feels nice on the skin and a little goes a long way.

Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to love this, I didn't notice any difference in the lifespan of my makeup and I didn’t think that my skin looked dewy either. It does reduce redness but it doesn’t provide enough coverage to replace foundation for me. Since I don’t have oily skin I’m not able to comment on the balancing oil production claim, but I didn’t find it drying at all, which is a plus for those like me with dry skin.

At £29.50 for the full size, this definitely isn't on the repurchase list for me but I would like to try out more from the brand. Is there anything from Murad that you would recommend for dry skin?



Share:

2 comments

  1. I had heard good things about this i guess it just works different for different people?

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew! Yea I had seen a mix of reviews, unfortunately it just wasn’t for me. Having a sample is great though, at least you don’t get stuck with a full tube to use up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig