Sunday 24 March 2013

SoukSouk — a green and clean beauty box

I mentioned in my previous post that one of the most exciting things I saw at the Vitality Show was the launch of a new beauty box called SoukSouk. I have a little bit of a love hate relationship with beauty boxes, I love the idea but the samples are never very generous or there is so much variation in the boxes that you can be left feeling short changed.

SoukSouk works like many other beauty boxes, you can subscribe on a monthly basis or take advantage of subscription packages and each month you receive a beauty box filled with 4 to 5 samples.

The unique thing about SoukSouk is that it offers ‘green and clean’ beauty products, including brands that are certified organic and natural, are free from certain chemicals and are not tested on animals. The box also includes a magazine, SoukSouk: little green magazine, which contains information on the products as well as beauty news, tips and features.


I spoke to the founder Victoria, who told me that the box aims to support brands that are trying to do the right thing in terms of reducing environmental damage and using the best ingredients, as well as brands that are not necessarily well known. For this reason they also pay for the samples that are in the boxes and can offer good sample sizes (I didn’t actually realise that other beauty boxes might not pay for the samples!)

Victoria also told me that at the moment everyone will receive the same boxes but that she hopes in the future to be able to offer products catered to individual needs.
The April box
My sister has more sensitive skin than I do and with only a gentle nudge from me signed up for a 3-month subscription. The boxes are usually priced at £12 + £2.95 P&P, but at the show a 3-month subscription for £30 + P&P was on offer.

I am hoping that my sister will share her thoughts on the contents of the SoukSouk boxes since I doubt that she will be very happy if start to highjack them every month, so please encourage her in the comments below!

Also, Victoria very kindly allowed me to offer the show price on my blog, so if you are interested in taking advantage click here! You will need to be quick though because the offer is only available until Tuesday 2 April 2013.

What do you think about this new addition to the UK beauty box selection, is it something you would subscribe to? If you would like to find out more you can see the Souk Souk websiteFacebook and Twitter pages.
Share:

3 comments

  1. This beauty box sounds amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re welcome. I think it is a great addition to what is available already. Let me know if you do sign up what you think of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i signed up as soon as I found out about it! Looks a great box! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig