Monday 25 March 2013

Sample session: Smashbox light primer

I've tried the original primer from Smashbox in the past, although it was very good as a primer the formular meant that if I used it for more than 3 days in a row I would start to break out.

The light formulation is designed for those with oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin. The primer is water based and contains oil absorbers that are meant to provide a smooth and matte finish all day.

Smashbox also say that light diffusers in the primer minimise the appearance of imperfections and vitamin C and other peptides help to even skin tone and promote collagen production.
Although the main ingredient is water the primer still contains silicone but it feels, and looks, more like a cream than a gel.

The primer absorbed into my skin quickly and didn't affect my makeup application. It did work to minimise pores, although not as much as Porefessional, and left my skin looking matte.

I wore the primer for over 12 hours, applying at about 7.30 in the morning. Although my makeup was in place at lunchtime, by 6pm it had faded a lot and you could see the unevenness of my skin tone.

That being said 11 hours of wear is a good result for a primer and even though my skin is dry I would expect a similar lasting power for someone with oily skin.

I would have liked to have test this for a few more days to check that it doesn’t cause break outs, but otherwise it is a nice primer and I prefer it over the original formulation. But at £25 for a 30ml tube, I will be continuing my hunt for the perfect primer.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Great post. I think this is too pricey - esp if it didnt go the whole hog for you all day.


    Try the GOSH velvet primer - its around £10 and its really good if you ask me, very decent for the price


    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been after a sample of this for ages! Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig