Monday 11 March 2013

Sample session: Revlon age defying foundation

My spending ban has made me come across lots of samples and sachets that I keep meaning to use but never get round to. I intend to use them on trips away but I never do (mostly because I don’t actually go away as often as I would like to think I will!)

So I decided I should make a point of using things once a week and share my initial thoughts, after all the purpose of these samples is to tempt you into buy a full size.
First up is foundation from Revlon. As regular readers will know, I am a mineral foundation girl, but I more recently I have become tempted to try liquid foundations.

Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup combines makeup and anti-aging skincare and is meant to help protect skin's DNA to fight the visible signs of aging. The scientist in me has a few problems with that sentence, but generally I am a fan of makeup that has skin care properties. The foundation does contains SPF 20, which is always a nice addition and something I would expect in a product that is focused on ageing.
Revlon say: “96% of women saw flawless, younger-looking skin in two weeks. Lines and wrinkles are visibly diminished while skin is refreshed, hydrated, revitalized.” Of course I can’t comment on those claims having only worn it for 12 hours, but for a first dip back into liquid foundation I was impressed.

The foundation applied well and had a medium to full coverage, which was achieved using only a small amount of product. I liked that it could be built up without looking too heavy and after applying a translucent powder to set, I was left with a natural look. My skin felt smooth and didn’t feel dry throughout the day and I didn’t notice the foundation gathering in dry patches. I also didn’t get any transfer of the product to my phone or clothes — always a good thing! The wear time was around 8 hours before I started to notice my scars and uneven skin tone.
I had the sample of the shade soft beige, which was an ok match for my skin tone but I would want to check out the other shades if I were to buy a full size.

At £13.99 for 30ml this seems to be a good value foundation, and if the skin care claims are true it would be well worth the money.

In all I am pleased that my return to liquid foundation was a positive experience, but I don’t think the sample has done enough to persuade me to go for a full size.

I have a few other liquid foundation samples I will be trying, but I really have my eye on the Naked foundation from Urban Decay, or is there another that you would recommend?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig