Saturday 9 March 2013

Tag: Confessions of a Beauty Blogger...

This is a tag post I found on Laura Louise Makeup’s blog an awesome makeup artist that I met an event last year. Feel free to copy and paste the questions and be sure to leave me a link below so I can check out your answers.

 CONFESSIONS OF A BEAUTY BLOGGER: 


1. How many hours a week do you spend writing/editing posts?
I've never added it up so it varies. I would say at least 10 hours a week. I tend to be working on lots of posts at a time.

2. Are you a spender or a saver?
I like to think of myself as a saavy spender. I do try and ask myself the question 'do I need this?' But if I  decide I do, I always shop around for the best deal. I'm not an impulse buyer at all.

3. When is it easiest for you to blog?
Usually first thing in the morning or last thing at night, when I am alone in my room and tucked up in bed. I do blog on my lunch breaks though and even on my commute using the blogger app.

4. What makes writing behind a computer comfortable for you?
I love writing in general but being able to do it curled up in bed, with my hair tied up and all comfortable just makes it that much more enjoyable. With writing I can take my time to really think about what I want to say, and how, there isn't any pressure with it.

5. What's your worst makeup/hair habit?
I'm not very adventurous with my hair and makeup looks, especially when I have the opportunity to be. Also I really should wash my brushes more regularly than I do :-s

6. What's one quote that you wish the world would live by?
There are a lot of quotes I could give for this question, but something I read on twitter recently seems appropriate — especially for the blogging world.

Be confident. Too many days are wasted comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren't.

7. How long do you spend getting ready everyday?
I do my basic makeup, foundation, blush, eyebrows in about 3 minutes. If I do eye makeup, I can easily do it in less than 10. If I am going on a night out I can spend up to an hour.

For my hair, it depends on the state of my curls. I can either revive them in less than a minute with some curl creme or use my waver, which takes less than 10 minutes. If I wash my hair in the morning I let it dry naturally or quickly use a diffuser to dry it.

8. What's your favourite video on youtube?
I don’t have a favourite video, I mostly listen to music on YouTube and watch vlogs or the occasional makeup video.

9. Who is a blogger that you read who deserves more subscribers than they have?
Miss Ashii from Beauty for Thought, she does some awesome eyemakeup looks and is gorgeous. I've been following her blog for a while and all I ever have to comment on her posts is about how good she looks!

10. What's one thing your excited about in the upcoming year?
I am hoping 2013 will be my best year yet, I don't want to say why but I feel positive about it.

11. What's your most awkward blogging moment?
Erm, nothing.....yet!

12. How long does it take you to prep for a post?
This varies hugely. It has taken me weeks sometimes, just because I will write and rewrite a post. The quickest posts probably take me around an hour, but general, I will spend a few hours over several days writing a post and if pictures are needed that will add another hour.

13. Are you wearing pants (jeans/skirt) right now or are you actually wearing pyjama bottoms or sweatpants?
This post has been written from my desk, so I am wearing a black jumper with a leopard print skirt attached, shiny leggings and brown boots.

14. What are you most proud of in your life?
I feel like I should say something that happened at work, or my degrees, but the truth is my blog has made me really proud. It has introduced me to lots of lovely people, given me nights out at events and improved my confidence a lot more than you would expect for a hobby that could be very antisocial.

Share:

4 comments

  1. Love this post sweets! I think I'm going to try this out too hehe. Will link up for sure :-) My post can take up to weeks definitely LOL I get so many backlogs and then end up not happy with it and redo it - nightmare haha. xx Donah (sweetjellybean.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you sweetie <3 but sshh its meant to be about the makeup :p great post, I like your answer to the last question, I'm glad to hear how good its been for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally agree on blog giving confidence. To speak, go out, meet new people and interact in a different way. :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, and agree with you on blogging in PJ's, so much nice! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig