Saturday 5 March 2011

Favourite Skin Care Products

Looking through my cupboard I realised just how many products I have that I have been using continually for a number of years now.


My all time favourite BioOil, discovered in my teens, even back then I was looking for a way to reduce the looks of my scars. My overnight rescue after a night out, my skin always looks that much clearer in the morning. I don’t know why I didn’t realise that my skin was dry in all the time I used this, considering how good it did look in the mornings. As an intensive moisturiser, I cannot name anything I like more for use on my face (possibly Liz Earle’s Superskin Concentrate). This has never broken me out and if anything I think it helped with my spots/breakouts.

Pore strips, I know these do not clear your pores permanently but they are a nice helping hand alongside other products. After all these years though I think I have only just figured out the best way to use them. Immediately after a shower, without drying your face, apply, leave until dry, peel and look at what’s come out!

Spot dots, again a favourite from my teen years. Once a lot more widely available than they are now. Place on any spot over night and after 2 nights use, the spots usually clear up completely.

Liz Earl Instant Boost Skin Tonic, the only toner I have used for years, very gentle and smells great.

My favourite concealer and the first product I brought from ELF introducing me to the brand. Since I have started using this I haven’t looked at other concealers. The medium colour is a perfect match for my skin tone, and I love the consistency of it. The formula also contains salicylic acid which helps to slowly clear up the marks you are concealing. I am not a fan of the packaging too much, since every time they have fallen apart, however it is very cheap and works for me perfectly.

There are two products I am going to include in this post since I have recently gone back to them having tried them out.

No7 Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum, over 2010 I worked my way through 2 tubes of this product, I loved the consistency and I could see a refining effect on my skin as it cleared up with a combination of other products I was using. For whatever reason I stopped using it but since I can now see a positive effect of using it, I have repurchased and imagine it will become a staple in my skin routine once more. (As a side note I did try the Superdrug Apple Serum but never really got along with it and didn’t notice as beneficial an effect when using it. Since it contains vitamin C, you can only use it at night and I prefer a routine which is the same morning and evening otherwise I find I don’t stick to it).

Finally Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark circles, I brought this to try when it very first came out and was on promotion. I really liked it since it brightened up my eye area and was a light enough consistency that I didn’t have to worry about pulling on my eye too much in applying and equally that the formulation is not right for use under the eye since it is specifically an eye product. Having used up the bottle I just didn’t repurchase, however with a recent promotion I have gone back to it and loved it all over again. In terms of it’s ability to reduce puffy eyes, I don’t really have that problem so I cannot comment, my eyes don’t look any different after use other than the tint obviously brightening up the area so I would say it doesn’t really perform in that way. There are 3 shades available now, fair, light and medium, with the light shade working best for my skin tone.

Please share with me your favourite skin care products as well as things you have gone back to and why!

Share:

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig