Saturday 26 March 2011

Vitality Show Haul

I wanted to get this post up as quickly as possible for anyone attending the show tomorrow, I know I found it helpful to get an idea of things to look out for.

Overall the show was a really fun day out. I think it was bigger overall than last year with a mixture of stands. Considering how repetitive the ideal home show can be this is refreshing. I thought the beauty section was great as was the food section, I skimmed over the fitness and healthy mind/spirit area, finding some of what was on show a little uncomfortable considering the type of event.

Anyway onto what I purchased. There were a lot of really good deals to be had with discounts on Bare Minerals and Benefit products which were very tempting!


My first purchase was from Organic Surge, I had seen these previously in Boots and had been wanting to try them. They were offering buy one get one free and the assistant was extremely knowledgable about the products and helped me to decide what was best to go for in terms of skin care. In the end I decided on the moisturiser for dry skin and eye gel as well as shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. My sister and I then split buying of a cleanser each, with my sister opting for the cream based one and I for the wash. The testers all smelt amazing, and I am looking forward to trying all of these out since they are meant to be 95% natural and would like to switch to using more natural based products to exclude the more toxic and irritating components.


WITCH were also present and again were very helpful and knowledgable about the products. They offered two for £5 and I chose the primer and concealer. The primer is meant to be suitable for all skin types, obviously with the intention of helping with any problem skin. Although I do not use a primer often I hope that this will help to improve the condition of my skin and prevent breakouts with use. The concealer only comes in one ‘natural’ shade, after swatching, the colour and consistency seemed very similar to my ELF studio concealer so I wanted to try this as an alternative. The face powder was also added in although I did not hear why!

My more questionable purchase in terms of a bargain/good idea was ’the flick’ eyeliner set. The set consists of a gel eyeliner (including a brush) and an eyeliner stencil allowing you to achieve the perfect flick of any thickness. All the sales assistants had the product demonstrated and demonstrations on other customers made it look very good, unfortunately our sales assistant was doing it in a rush but we purchased anyway so fingers crossed it doesn’t turn out to be a bad idea.


Other things I picked up were brush guards on promotion from justbeautydirect.com, crystal nail files, some stencils for my nail stamping kit and a selection of HALO wipes also on promotion.

I also picked up a few drinks goodies including the neuro drink and coconut milk. Expect reviews of all the products above in due course. If you attended the show please let me know your thoughts as well as if you have used any of the products mentioned.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to get your opinions and I do my best to reply to all x

© Discovering Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig